Trusted Contributor

Papaya King hot dogs?

[ Edited ]

I'm looking at Gourmet Holiday with host Sharon F.

I want to try hot dogs.  The presentation is tempting.  I never eat hot dogs but am tempted.

There are no reviews yet for Papaya King hot dogs.

Do they really have a storefront in New York City?

And have you tried these hot dogs at their New York City hot dog stand?

Are they really as good as Mary Beth and Susan say they are?

How does Papaya King hot dogs compare to Nathan's or Hebrew National hot dogs?

Please help me decide if I should try Papaya King or  other brand of hot dogs.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

I grew up in NY state and close to the city, and I've never heard of

Papaya King hotdogs.  Sorry I can't answer your question🤷🏻‍♀️

Respected Contributor

shows up prompty when web searching

addresses and photos and web site

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Occasional Contributor

I'm orginally from  NY and I have been to their location years ago located upper eastside of Manhattan around 86St I think off of Lexington or 3rd avenue. They were always crowded and the line was always going out the door. Try it and if you don't like it return it. If I recall Papaya King was not as salty as Nathans.

I think you will enjoy them.

Respected Contributor

Yes, they do have locations in NYC. They are very good. So are Nathan's, the best being at Coney Island,

their original site. 

Both dogs are really good.

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Papaya King hot dogs?

[ Edited ]

Yes they do. They are iconic to NYC. I grew up in Queens and once in HS I even walked over the 59th St bridge with a friend and ate there. Their papaya shake is a must have as well. 

Nathan's are good as well but IMO Papaya King is more iconic to Manhattan itself. I have never heard of anyone getting sick there and I've never been disappointed. They're good. 

Good times.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

had posted a separate thread about this, but papaya king hot dogs, along with a bunch of other brands, has been recalled. all of the hot dogs are produced by marathon enterprises.

Marathon Enterprises Inc. Recalls Hot Dog Products Due to Possible
Extranous Material Contamination

http://www.qvc.com/html/nl/Marathon%20Enterprises%20Inc.%20Recalls%20Hot%20Dog%20Products%20Due%20to...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@EatWelli am actually surprised you want to try hot dogs considering how nasty you said they are on the recall thread.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/hot-dog-recall-including-PAPAYA-KING-sold-on-qvc/m-p/3970228#M1...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@EatWell Good morning---I'm curious too, after reading the recall thread. Did you learn something different about hot dogs that made you change your mind from your earlier opinion?

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

Re: Papaya King hot dogs?

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45

Yeah, I know.  Despite my reservation what hot dogs are made with,  I've decided to give hot dog a try.  Not those pink, beige "mystery meat" hot dogs like Oscar Meyer, Ball Park Franks, and other packaged hot dogs in the supermarket, but a top quality hot dog.  Papaya King, Nathan's, or Hebrew Narional are my choices.  Plus if I don't like Papaya King or Nathan's, I can always return to QVC for refund.

Just curious, what hot dogs do you like and eat?  Any other brands you recommend?