Honored Contributor

Re: Pala Deen in Town this Weekend...launching new lines...

On 2/8/2014 Bungo said:

Paula Deen is done.

Really? I'd like to know what you base that on. Oh, I suppose your crystal ball.

Honored Contributor

She is not done by any means--during the blow up, PD had many loyal followers who were not willing to be the first to cast a stone. Many of us are realistic and can understand that her typical southern upbringing might have led her to say things that are no longer considered acceptable. She asked for forgiveness and should be given it.

Super Contributor

On 2/8/2014 RedHeadedWench said:
On 2/8/2014 lacey1 said:
On 2/8/2014 Bungo said:

Paula Deen is done.

Everyone thought Martha Stewart was done, when she was convicted of a felony. She's not doing too badly!

Yeah, Martha Stewart is holding her own, but she's not doing as well as she once was. Her magazine (MSL) has become very thin...not as many ads..and that's bread and butter in the magazine biz.

She lost her tv show, and has reverted back to her old and original form on PBS.

I don't think Paula Deen is done, I think her main fans...those good old southern folks will stand by her...but she's not going to be as popular as she was two years ago. None of her old sponsors have come back...no Today Show, no QVC, no Smithfield, etc etc.

I tend to think Martha's decline has more to do with increased competition from other "lifestyle" experts and shows like The Chew and the cable food channels. Certainly, Martha still has an interesting niche, but there is much greater variety now.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Esteemed Contributor

Good for her! Glad to hear it!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2014 homedecor1 said:

good for her! I saw her commercial for some chicken company recently and she looks terrific - glad to see her return. I did see there is a special with Bobby Deen & his new wife - wish they'd bring back Bobby Deen's show, enjoyed seeing him w/the kids.

Bobby got married? Thats great! I think her sons are great..like both their shows. They love their mom too..she raised them right, a single mother too. I like Paula and wish her well!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2014 terrier3 said:

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/paula-deen-visiting-buffalo-area-to-launch-new-business-2014020...

Western New York. She is coming to the suburbs of Buffalo.

Thanks for this link, Paula looks great..she has lost weight, you can tell in her face.

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Thanks for that link, emmiesmom. It was good to see Paula Deen looking so good and with her husband by her side.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Ms X said:

Thanks for that link, emmiesmom. It was good to see Paula Deen looking so good and with her husband by her side.

I agree Ms X~

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2014 AuntG said:

She is not done by any means--during the blow up, PD had many loyal followers who were not willing to be the first to cast a stone. Many of us are realistic and can understand that her typical southern upbringing might have led her to say things that are no longer considered acceptable. She asked for forgiveness and should be given it.

SmileSo true!

-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

I like her and I would love to see her in person.