Valued Contributor

Re: Painful Hand Dryness and Cooking

Vanicream works great for eczema.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After years (42) as a working bedside nurse washing my hands ever few min all day long I have tried every product out there from very expensive to homemade.IMO , above all , the best product is bag balm. A vaseline based product that I would use at night - wearing white cotton gloves over it to keep from getting it on the sheets etc.In my situation , it did no good whatever to waste hand lotion at work becauser you barely put it on and you'd have to go in a patient's room , and before you can enter their room you have to wash your hands, and your lotion is , literally, down the drain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not too long ago, I was completing my nightly routine and noticed that my left hand's knuckle area had cracked and bleeding "sores" across the area beneath three knuckles that were caused by cooking, washing dishes and washing my hands throughout the day. 

Then I remembered something.  This is true: I remembered that Sandra Bennett and LR both endorsed the healing property of Josie Maran's Argan Oil, so I put some on my hand.  When I awoke the next morning, there was absolutely NO evidence of open wounds or bleeding.  It was so startling that I exclaimed out loud, "It's a miracle!"

Funniest thing, I visited my doctor's practice last week and saw a young female physician.  She was checking out my hands and asked what I used to keep them moisturized because hers are typically cracked this time of year.  Told her "argan oil."  She did not give me an opportunity to endorse Josie and QVC -- but I hope she finds them.  I also alternate with Gold Bond's "Healing Hand Cream."  But I had used it the night before and had the frightful bloody hand; with Josie's Argain Oil, my wounds disappeared completely.  Weird.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Not too long ago, I was completing my nightly routine and noticed that my left hand's knuckle area had cracked and bleeding "sores" across the area beneath three knuckles that were caused by cooking, washing dishes and washing my hands throughout the day. 

Then I remembered something.  This is true: I remembered that Sandra Bennett and LR both endorsed the healing property of Josie Maran's Argan Oil, so I put some on my hand.  When I awoke the next morning, there was absolutely NO evidence of open wounds or bleeding.  It was so startling that I exclaimed out loud, "It's a miracle!"

Funniest thing, I visited my doctor's practice last week and saw a young female physician.  She was checking out my hands and asked what I used to keep them moisturized because hers are typically cracked this time of year.  Told her "argan oil."  She did not give me an opportunity to endorse Josie and QVC -- but I hope she finds them.  I also alternate with Gold Bond's "Healing Hand Cream."  But I had used it the night before and had the frightful bloody hand; with Josie's Argain Oil, my wounds disappeared completely.  Weird.

@golding76,Doesn't the argan oil make your hands greasy?  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

We prepare, wash and cook.  

I get advanced painful dermatitis from the repeated hand washing.  Do you deal with this?  

What do you use?  Thanks!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   My hands were cracked and bleeding from being so dry mostly on and around the knuckle area.  It was quite painful and embarrassing.   I started using Vaseline Deep Moisture Vaseline Jelly Cream.  I can't believe the difference in 2 days.  Hope this helps with your dry skin problem...