Honored Contributor

@SharkE: Hope I am doing this correctly. Just wanted you to know- just purchased 2 USA Pans- cookie sheets with gift cards received Christmas. Also received a red set of ceramic cookware. Plus DH surprised me with a Instant Pot. Have not unpacked anything yet because we have been sick. Friend gave me the Pioneer Woman cake plate and mixing bowl set. I hope that Santa provided everything that you wanted. Now the fun of making room for all my new toys. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging @ sharke

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee   Girl, you'll love those USA sheets . slick as snot (LOL) nothing sticks. Just use mine for cookies, slide cookies off, let pans cool down and give a swipe. Their a wonder !

Sounds like you cleaned up for Xmas !   Yay !

My dumb *** sister took her instant pot back to walmart said it was to complicated.............I have no words for that one. I got 2 sisters, this one is the oldest and lazy and doesn't want to think about anything. It's just to much trouble for her to try and learn anything new. She won't learn how to copy and paste on the computer !!!!   She'll tell me to look at something and she will say type in blah, blah, go down to the 4th paragraph on the search page, click on that, then, blah blah. I 'll scream for pete sake just send me the link !

Don't know how and don't want to figure it out ! Gees ! it's not rocket science.

I bought a book on Instant Pot, read online and studied up on it. I MADE MYSELF LEARN about it. Have reported here in Kitchen about how much faster it is and am enjoying it. Plus, the pot goes in dishwasher.

Hope you all are back on the mend ! It took 2   Zpacks for me to get over whatever type of germ I picked up . I was wonky Nov-mid Dec. not the flu, but, head congestion, cough was horrible.

Honored Contributor

Those USA cookie sheets are great aren't they?! Finally a cookie sheet that is a pleasure to use (and re-use)!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

p.s.

I bought Pioneer Womans Holidays cookbook and gonna make her

carmel apple rolls on Sat. (my eating days are weekend). If they turn out

maybe I'll upload pic. I'll take most of them to church Sun. they have breakfast food sitting out all the time. We can't eat stuff before it goes stale, so, I take stuff to people who don't cook. LOL

Young people tickle me to death "where did you find these at the store I've never had them before".   True, you probably haven't. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE:Well- I needed that - can’t stop laughing and they say that it is a good dose of medicine. I still have trouble trying to copy and paste and other stuff. Yep some yuk going around. DH was given 2 zpacks and only antibiotics for me.  I had Avery bad sore throat for a few days and DH said the house was very quiet.I will research and study the Instant Pot. Need recipes to eat healthy and hopefully to lose weight. Going to doctor next week for regular check up and will be busted for several things. Excited about the new pans. I love the small one that I purchased that is perfect for biscuits. I appreciate all your help and information on different items. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I wear gloves to store and especially walmart and have every since I picked up the germ. didn't have a sore throat. Just coughed like a smoker and had to carry water bottle around with me, cinnamon discs, Robutussin Honey cough syrup. Tx. is dry climate to boot. I got humidifiers running in living room all the time, and sleep with one on to boot. Glad that's over !

Best Buy just called to confirm Mon. delivery ! maybe it really will be here !

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee  The Instant pot comes with pretty good directions and recipes in it.  Research all the books on the subject. Sam's club has tons.

Target had one I bought 'The Essential Instant Pot' by coco morante think it

was 10.  If your lib has any that would be good. Mine didn't had to pay for it

Honored Contributor

@SharkE: Sorry that I missed this. Glad your better.We also have humidifiers. We have had a lot of rain and changes in temperature from hot to cold.I know you are excited about your new refrigerator. During kitchen remodel purchased my first side by side and love it. The filter is inside on the right side and so easy to change. My moto- if anything is replaced needs to be easier to clean, move or whatever. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

made those apple rolls today by the pioneer woman. I reworked the recipe

LOL   That filling was way too much. I cut it down by half for the next time I make them.  when you roll up the dough and get ready to cut it into slices. The way to much filling oozes all over the place. What a mess.

Next time I make just putting the apples and half the recipe for the filling for the spread on.

What I got out of the 'jelly' roll was about 8 rolls and they're great ! Next time should be different. Thing about recipes is you have to adapt them to your own style. Like she says add the baking soda and powder and salt AFTER the dough is formed and risen for the first time. What ? So, you got this sticky dough and you mix in the dough ball the soda, poweder and salt. why don't you put it in the mixing bowl when your mixing the other ingredients ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE: Wow- what a mess. I wish you could give me cooking lessons. I can make biscuits but failure on bread, rolls or pastries. Last couple of years have issues with my pecan, pumpkin and sweet potato pies. I am ok with cakes and candy. My cookies should improve once I receive the new cookie sheets. DH not feeling good so will be making soup- probably vegetable beef that Mom called Depression soup. Southern Bee