Respected Contributor

Re: PW Barbie set - the 8 year old in me is very excited!

I had a carry out in my neighborhood when I was real young, no Barbie Just a doll my cousin and I had from a Christmas Party her and I went to with my Aunt and Uncle that we just simple called 10 inch dolls, and I would go to the carryout and purchased tiny, tiny, dish sets and take the coffee cups and make tiny Baloney sandwiches for the dolls with bread , baloney, and a smidge  of mustard. And I would make doll furniture outof empty tissue boxes and tissues. 

Respected Contributor

Really enjoyed my paper dolls..

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  I say GO FOR IT! Life is short.  There are grown man that plays and builds with legos or train sets and no one says that they are weird. I have a cousin (a man over 50) who collects action figures. I say grown women are allow to play with Barbies, too.

Trusted Contributor

I love my Barbies and have quite a few 'collectible' ones.  I had an original Barbie and Ken set when I was like 4-5 years old and my mom thought I was too young to play with them, so she gave them away.  I had the dream home and Barbie car, too.  They would be worth a fortune right now. 

Honored Contributor

Barbie and I are the same age... we both started in 1959, though I haven't aged quite as well.

I had the original Dream House, made of cardboard and folded into a suitcase type thing. I was very young and must have destroyed it, though I have the fondest memories of it.

Later on, I wanted the other things that came along, but for one reason or another, probably finances, I never got them. Still, I built so much furniture and accessories for her.  When my cousin and I would say, "Let's play Barbies!" it would take us longer to set everything up than to actually play. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I love this and may have to get for my four year old Granddaughter.  I bought her a Nurse barbie, (it was her first Barbie) since my DIL is a RN.  When she first got it she said "Adorable".  A month later her other Grandmother bought her a Ken doll.  She held him, looked at him and then handed him back to other Grandmother and said "I don't think so."  Her parents were thrilled she was way to young for a Ken doll.

Boy I can see us playing on my living room floor with this barbie. Thanks @house_cat

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

No Barbies when I was young but bought one from a garage sale, it was really horrible though, didn't keep it long. But I purchased a Barbir from a sale at a store so I could   make clothes and possibly sell them, or make them for my Granddaughter, I did neither to much work and to time consuming. I bought a barbie about 12 years ago give or take for the girl scout anniversary. She is really cute. My thing was Cabbage patch dolls, but made myself quit buying toys.

Respected Contributor

Where did you see this doll essemble ?

Valued Contributor

Loved my Barbie dolls when I was little...my best friend and I played with them probably longer than most girls do.  I still love to look at the catalog with them in the beautiful designer gowns.  I buy them for my granddaughter but she doesn't seem to have the same passion for them that I did.  Hate to admit it but I bought all the dolls from the Twilight series and I won't tell you how old I am.

Trusted Contributor

Sold only at Walmart...out of stock already!

https://people.com/food/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-barbie-doll/