Respected Contributor

I got some PVC placemats and coasters from AMZN.

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Do you think they're safe?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

It would never occur to me that they're not safe.  Are you going to chew on them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Most likely they are perfectly fine.   Did you check to see if they were food grade quality?

Many of them are food safe, even though you probably wouldn't put any food directly on it , it is safe and is not emitting any dangerous chemicals.  I would look the brand up that you purchased and find out if you didn't read about it before.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Most likely they are perfectly fine.   Did you check to see if they were food grade quality?

Many of them are food safe, even though you probably wouldn't put any food directly on it , it is safe and is not emitting any dangerous chemicals.  I would look the brand up that you purchased and find out if you didn't read about it before.

========================================

I knew about PVC before I ordered them, but they were on sale, so, I figured what the heck, "we're not EATING them".  LOL!  Today I was about to unwrap them and for some reason, the thought of the exposure bothered me.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I avoid any plastics whenever possible.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any but your post @RinaRina  made me curious.  Went to google and asked are PVC placemats safe.  Your concern is valid.