Trusted Contributor

Try this easy dipping sauce: Equal parts of soy sauce, sugar and water. Heat in microwave or sauce pan until sugar is melted - serve it warm. It will store well in your refrigerator (I keep it in a jar and shake it up before I reheat it). You can adjust the flavor (more or less sugar) or add other things to meet your own taste (like garlic or ginger, or onion, etc.) It is an easy basic starter dipping sauce.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Super Contributor
I like plum sauce. I buy a jar from the grocery store in the ethnic foods aisle.
Honored Contributor

What the heck are ""pot stickers?"" I'm not a meat eater so maybe that's why I don't know.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Ford1224 said:

What the heck are ""pot stickers?"" I'm not a meat eater so maybe that's why I don't know.

It is basically a Chinese type dumpling with a thin dough (sort of a won ton type dough if you have had that) with a a tsp or so of filing that can be a meat or veggie mixture and then they are either pan fried or steamed. They are appetizer size. I like vegetable ones best and always with a ginger teriyaki type sauce for dipping.

Honored Contributor
Ling Ling brand the best, so is their sweet sauce. I have actually just bought the sauce. You can't purchase sauce at store.
Honored Contributor

I occasionally get the Trader Joe's pot stickers. They are very good. I usually make my own sauce using soy sauce, honey, toasted sesame oil and chopped green onion.

Regular Contributor

This is the recipe that Schwans use to have on their bag of potstickers. I don't add the green onion because I don't usually have any.

1/2 cup soy sauce

2 TBSP thin sliced scallion or green onion

2TBSP rice wine or rice wine vinegar

2 tsp sesame oil

2 TBSP brown sugar

1 tsp garlic, fresh minced

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, blend well. Keep refrigerated for up to five days.

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased Ling Ling & Sam's potstickers. Neither have any taste imo, just fillers. Both sauces contained mostly soy sauce. I had homemade potstickers at a party once, made & cooked in front of me and the frozen ones in no way compare. I don't remember the sauce he served.

Trusted Contributor

I got the chicken Pot Stickers from QVC, and I thought they were good. You're right about them needing a dipping sauce. I used duck sauce and they were very tasty.

Frequent Contributor

I usually make my own pot stickers and other Asian delights and if not using my own dipping sauces I'll use store bought Plum sauce, or Duck sauce, or Yum Yum sauce. Equally good on spring rolls, egg rolls and many other delights. Yum Yum sauce goes well on steak, burgers, shrimp and chicken...give it a try!

Enjoy!

Camo