Respected Contributor

PLEASE list calories, fat, etc., along with ingredients on food items.

Won't buy w/o it!

Regular Contributor

Re: PLEASE list calories, fat, etc., along with ingredients on food items.

You ARE kidding, ......right? I cook, you decide if it fits Into your criteria! I am not the cooking police! If you don't like my recipes, please ignore them and move on to the next one on this swap... If you are talking about commercial products, trust me that I am old enough and wise enough to know what I should purchase and what I should not purchase. I do not want to pay more for someone to do the math for me because I am too lazy or too uninformed to do it for myself. Sorry! This post hit my last nerve! I do not need a calorie or nutritional czar to do the math for me! No wonder posters leave this board! Go ahead.....hit me with your best shot! Cece
Respected Contributor

I don't believe the OP was directing her post at you since she used the word ""buy."" Some of us want to know the nutritional information for food products so we can make good choices. Most products at supermarkets already contain this information. It would be nice if QVC also did this while presenting the food product. You could ignore it if you don't need the information.
Regular Contributor

At this time of year, QVC pushing "get in shape" mantra, don't think they want the nutrition values of their "gourmet" stuff listed. I go to myfitnesspal dot com, don't have to join to search their food data base. It is an easy site to use, I am on a doctor dictated diet right now and I use that site to track my good and bad stuff.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2014 cece5231 said: You ARE kidding, ......right? I cook, you decide if it fits Into your criteria! I am not the cooking police! If you don't like my recipes, please ignore them and move on to the next one on this swap... If you are talking about commercial products, trust me that I am old enough and wise enough to know what I should purchase and what I should not purchase. I do not want to pay more for someone to do the math for me because I am too lazy or too uninformed to do it for myself. Sorry! This post hit my last nerve! I do not need a calorie or nutritional czar to do the math for me! No wonder posters leave this board! Go ahead.....hit me with your best shot! Cece

geesh! Touchy much! LOL!

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 shoekitty said:
On 1/8/2014 cece5231 said: You ARE kidding, ......right? I cook, you decide if it fits Into your criteria! I am not the cooking police! If you don't like my recipes, please ignore them and move on to the next one on this swap... If you are talking about commercial products, trust me that I am old enough and wise enough to know what I should purchase and what I should not purchase. I do not want to pay more for someone to do the math for me because I am too lazy or too uninformed to do it for myself. Sorry! This post hit my last nerve! I do not need a calorie or nutritional czar to do the math for me! No wonder posters leave this board! Go ahead.....hit me with your best shot! Cece

geesh! Touchy much! LOL!

I think she misunderstood the message, shoekitty.

Cece, go back and read it again.

Regular Contributor

Chess lady, that is my point exactly. If you are so inclined to watch your food purchases so carefully, I would suppose you can very well judge a recipe by sight to know if it fits into your criteria for using it. I must be missing the point. As I said, I am not a professional and cook for family and friends only. nor is this site supposed to be for professionals ala Recipe Swap, but the recipes I cook and post are ones I deem good enough to share. You decide if the recipe is something fitting into your lifestyle and if it is not, please ignore it and move on to the next recipe posted. I don't pretend to cook guided by today's nutritional evaluations, just the way I have always cooked for my family for many years ... And I would expect whomever likes the sound of any recipe to adjust it to their own lifestyle and cooking methods or ignore it. Am I wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Cece you are not wrong. It is just that I believe the OP wasn't talking about receipes shared in the swap forum like you provide, but food that QVC sells. I know for me, when I see a presentation, whether it is for hull less popcorn, Kansas City steaks, Kind bars, etc, you can't tell from looking at the presentation how much sodium, fat, or preservatives there are unless that information is provided. Sometimes when you look the item up a food label is provided and sometimes it is not. For me, that determines if I will purchase the item. I need to know what is in it.

For recipes I find here, you know what is in the recipe, otherwise you could not make it, and thus if needed, I can make a substitution to fit my dietary needs. So not the same thing.

Respected Contributor

I'm not asking you to change the way you cook or what recipes you post. I would like QVC to give nutrition information for the food products they sell. Sometimes the things they call healthy have a high calorie or sodium content. If you are buying something that is called a protein bar that contains little protein but lots of sugar, I would like to know that. They want to sell things, so they probably won't give the information on air. I pretty much avoid most food products on the Q because they are expensive and not very healthy.
Honored Contributor

I am just guessing here, but I would surmise that if QVC posted the nutritional info and the origin of the food, the food sales would go way down. Remember when the healthy apple chips came from apples from China? The returns were sky high. I guess when they first sold them they didn't post origin until you got the bag home. It was not posted on internet, just on bag. People were mad. Also, they sold whoopies pies years ago where the fat grams were 42 grams fat, and 550 calories (4 inch pie) a HALF of a pie, . People complained and returned them. I guess they feel the less we know the better off they will be.