Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Oval pressure cookers, girls !

@SharkE   You are so right--very rare.  Shape is so good for doing roasts, etc.  My guess is that this shape is more difficult and more costly to make which is why they are seldom seen/available/offered by anyone.

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

I would want to know how much this thing weights before I ordered one.  I had one a long time ago and got rid of it.  Too much to wrestle for me. 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@SharkE   You are so right--very rare.  Shape is so good for doing roasts, etc.  My guess is that this shape is more difficult and more costly to make which is why they are seldom seen/available/offered by anyone.

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Ideal for long ribs !!   I used to use mine all the time when husband was alive big meat eater.  Somebody in here was wanting one 1 time and I remembered. If I was young and had a family I'd be all over it.

Respected Contributor

I have a 5 or 6 qt. oval CE pressure cooker from back in the day when QVC had "quality" kitchen items.  Now, some of their kitchen items are c&^p.  Still works perfectly.

Honored Contributor

I'm afraid that goes for everything. Clothes are all so thin. I look better in heavier weight clothes. Those thin tops nowdays accentuate your broad back, side fat (LOL), over endowed assets, etc.

prices up, quality and quantity are both thing of the past.

Respected Contributor

I still have and use the original Cook's Essential Oval Pressure Cooker in red.    Works great and the gasket seal is original to the PC.  As a matter of fact, just a few days ago I made a delicious pulled pork using it. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@SharkE- Didn't know they still had any in stock.  I bought mine 3-4 months ago at a higher price.  Called Cust. Service and they credited me the difference.  I got free shipping.  I've only used it a few times and it worked well. When the weather turns very hot as it is now, I just don't want a heavy meal.  Lots of lighter and easy recipes for us right now until it gets cooler.