Trusted Contributor

Re: Our lunch was paid by a total stranger today, RAK!!!! 😊 😊 😊 😊

@chickenbutt wrote:

I think that Sooner has gotten a spanking that she absolutely does NOT deserve.  Her opinion is just as valid as any.

I'll go ahead and admit that I got a bad vibe feeling about this (no disrespect AT ALL toward the OP, btw) but I just decided to keep my trap shut.  

I'm all for good deeds and the whole 'paying it forward' concept.  But sometimes I get the feeling, NOT related to this particular deed, that for some people it is just all about THEM and not about the person/s on the other end.  I'll leave that at that.

But my point is that Sooner had a valid opinion and I think it's wrong to give her grief about it and to imply that she is being negative.

To the one poster who implied that Sooner is always negative - REALLY?  Pot kettle black much?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I think that Sooner has gotten a spanking that she absolutely does NOT deserve.  Her opinion is just as valid as any.

I'll go ahead and admit that I got a bad vibe feeling about this (no disrespect AT ALL toward the OP, btw) but I just decided to keep my trap shut.  

I'm all for good deeds and the whole 'paying it forward' concept.  But sometimes I get the feeling, NOT related to this particular deed, that for some people it is just all about THEM and not about the person/s on the other end.  I'll leave that at that.

But my point is that Sooner had a valid opinion and I think it's wrong to give her grief about it and to imply that she is being negative.

To the one poster who implied that Sooner is always negative - REALLY?  Pot kettle black much?

Thank you CB.  And we both know there have been "a few" I HAVE deserved over the years, huh?  Yep!  My experience with life and strangers probably doesn't match up to what a lot of others have experienced from strangers, and we all bring that to the discussion with us. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thank you CB.  And we both know there have been "a few" I HAVE deserved over the years, huh?  Yep!  My experience with life and strangers probably doesn't match up to what a lot of others have experienced from strangers, and we all bring that to the discussion with us. 

Honored Contributor

Ms VaBelle, thank you for this.  What a wonderful real life story to share.  This so descirbes me and a lovely petite woman I had the great honor and pleasure to work with.  I was just a few years older than you were.  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

To add a little brevity to this post I thought I'd share this humorous story.  

The area that my hairdresser has her salon located in has a homeless man who frequently stands on the corner of the intersection and holds a sign asking for money.    She at times has given him money or gift cards for a local fastfood restaurant.    

He has a yellow labrador that is always with him.   She is a dog lover just like I am.  Unfortunately she had to put her beloved Shih Tzu down due to kidney failure.   She had just purchased a large 30# bag of dog food. 

She brought the bag, which was still unopened, to the salon and stopped on her way home to offer the homeless man the dog food for his dog.   She explained to him that her dog had passed away and they no longer needed the food.  She was quite surprised when he informed her that his dog was on a special low calorie diet and only ate a particular brand of food that he purchased from a veterinary hospital.    He told her that he had no interest in the unopened food.   

Makes you wonder how many of these homeless people really are in need.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I disagree, this isn't a product review or a either/or.   It is (or was) a feel good thread.  After OP and others shared kindness, anyone who comes in and drags it down is rude IMO anyway.  Some things should be ignored if they're not your thing.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@debc wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I disagree, this isn't a product review or a either/or.   It is (or was) a feel good thread.  After OP and others shared kindness, anyone who comes in and drags it down is rude IMO anyway.  Some things should be ignored if they're not your thing.

@debc wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

100% AGREE!

Trusted Contributor

I agree, too. What a nice thread this was. Yes, everybody has the right to his or her own opinion. And if you don't agree with the OP, that's fine. But be prepared if others don't agree with yours. 

You can often tell who the poster is, just by reading the post, esp when it's negative. 

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

I agree, too. What a nice thread this was. Yes, everybody has the right to his or her own opinion. And if you don't agree with the OP, that's fine. But be prepared if others don't agree with yours. 

You can often tell who the poster is, just by reading the post, esp when it's negative. 

So how come people who feel that way don't lable their posts "PLEASE DO NOT DISAGREE WITH MY OPINION, EXPERENCES or TASTE.  I will find it offensive if you post anything but support for my opinion?" 

Some people like to discuss things.  I was stalked in high school.  People and officials were worried I would be hurt.  I WOULD NOT feel good about a stranger paying for my dinner.  I'll bet others here for various reasons feel the same way.  SO IF YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING BUT AGREEMENT please post that as your tag line or something.  The rest of us don't deserve the beatings.  That could be your RAK.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Sooner.  You've said it so elonquently.    I guess I didn't realize how unbelievably rude we were by not sharing the same warm and fuzzy feelings as the rest of the  posters.    Shame on us.

Considering some of the posts that I have read about a few of the QVC hosts, trashing everything about them, including how they look and talk.     I'd say our POV was relatively mild.  

I'm so sorry about your stalking incident.  I'm sure that was so frightening and it would indeed color your perspective on life after that.  

For those of you who have never had a frightening experience with a stranger consider yourself lucky.