Honored Contributor

Re: Other than blueberries, what berries do you like and how do you like to eat them?

I think I like all berries. I use them almost daily making smoothies. I just ate some strawberries for dessert. Yum!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Other than blueberries, what berries do you like and how do you like to eat them?

Blackberries are my favorite - probably because they aren't very sweet. As much as I love to bake, I don't really like sweet things.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Due to diverticulitis, I don't eat any berries in berry form. I do eat jams, jellies and fruit sauces made from the berries, but don't eat anything with skins and seeds in it. Strawberries and blackberry favors are my favorite.
Honored Contributor

DH and I are a big fan of berries.  We are not so much for raspberries though they are o.k., too, but we really love blackberries, bluberries and strawberries.  We just wash, and mix in to make a fruit bowl almost every everning.  We love almost all fruits.  We both are crazy for cherries and pineapple, too!  There's nothing like a big bowl of fresh fruit on a hot summer day!!!  Makes me fee like I have sunshine in a bowl!!!  Man Happy

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Huckleberries snd Marionberries.

I like my berries in a Pie.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love berries, ironically blueberries are my LEAST favorite for eating fresh..I tend to go for more of a "tart-sweet" flavor for fresh and blueberries are sooooo sweet...

Fresh California strawberries, raspberries, red, black and golden, blackberries even gooseberries ( LOVE gooseberry pie!) Walter Knott's boysenberries, can you get them outside of California? ollalieberries..

Summer is so much fun!

Honored Contributor

Blueberries are also my least liked berry.  I like raspberries or blackberries over nonfat Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey for breakfast.  I love the fresh local strawberries (where I live only about 2 weeks) also over ice cream.  I do not buy strawberries at the grocery store. 

Esteemed Contributor

I grow Alpine strawberries (both red and white) and have them with yogurt. Very sweet and look like little jewels. 

I'm not a huge fan of regular, large strawberries because sweetness is hit or miss. When I see cartons of blackberries, I stock up. Love them in salads or in a fresh fruit salsa with grilled fish.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat