Honored Contributor

Told U so 

LOL   Red was gone in 10 min

Honored Contributor

did they ever say if that light stays on ?

How do you turn it off and on ?

Honored Contributor

My understanding is the light stays on while it's cooking.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I found the online manual and it states it goes off when the timer goes off.

170204_230245_34655001.png

Honored Contributor

I have a perfectly functional countertop convection oven, but I was tempted by this one because it holds more, gets good reviews on Amazon, and after reading through the questions, found that it apparently is quieter.  If hubby knew that he probably would've told me to get it since he has an issue with how loud mine is.  It was a good price too.  But, I don't know if I'm just being judgemental, but I have always had the impression that Oster was a cheap (as in lower-quality) brand.  

I noticed it doesn't have a rotisserie function which mine does, not that I really use it.  Is that something that is now passe?  I remember a time when all the countertop convection ovens had that feature.

Honored Contributor

Shoot ! I had a Oster food processor that I gave away to my sister when I paid 250 for that fancy KA with the dicing kit.

Wish I had my Oster back LOL I have the darnest time making coleslaw with my KA with that **** lid I ever seen

You lock the bowl in place , Ok, did that put the lid on make sure it slides to where it will meet the handle, OK, then, push the button nothing, so you repeat the process about 7 times till your ready to go buy cole slaw.

I think you can't put nothing in the bowl with the all purpose blade you have to feed it thru the chute. Only thing I can figure.

with the Oster that I had for yrs. you throw the cabbage in the bowl with the blade and whammo it's done.

also got a little 10.00 oster mini chop just to chop nuts love that

easey peasy.

I love Oster !

Honored Contributor

So, maybe i'm wrong for once.  ;-)

I'm not even sure where I got that idea in the first place.  You know how you get something in your head but can't remember why in particular.  I'll keep an eye on it.  I don't want a fancy color like I often do with other things.  I think the Stainless Steel looks much cleaner and high-end.

Honored Contributor

Pretty sure the red is gone. Don't know if they have any others or not

Price has went up along with the shp now though.

That red will go with my mini Kitchen aid mixer and big food processor

I got the chrome big Cuisinart which I wish they would add colors. That would be so pretty if I had a red Cuisinart (bought at Bed & Bath).

I looked for the InstaPot at Walmart while ago didn't see it. If I get it will probably have to order online. Can't afford it now what with all these TSV's

LOL

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I know price has gone back up.  Just keeping an eye out for the future.  We just got back from vacation and have to pay that off, plus I'm in the process of getting some crowns that the extra dental insurance doesn't pay s**t on.  And I had to get car worked on and the garage door opener spring broke.  So, I really don't have the funds right now anyways.

Honored Contributor

The BB&B is a different model.

After reading the reviews and watching the presentatin for the Q's version  I went with the Q.

The price is outstanding, even with shipping, and there are more features than the BB&B model. The reviews were predominantly positive, for the BB&B, but I did see that a few stated the the temperatures on the dial were difficult to read.

Everyone loves the french doors as they're much less likely to burn themselves like the did on the pull down door. BB&B doesn't have a light where the Q one does. Small thing but for basically the same price I decided on the Q. Plus I could pay over time!lol

Between the Q's TSV and evine's TTV (same day) I cleared up a BUNCH of counter space! Woo hoo! (and my coworker is getting some new ,to him, appliances) The rest is going to the Viet Nam Veterans.