Honored Contributor

So, typical of me....I've had this Oster oven I got from QVC about 9 months (at least) ago.

I had a friend move it so I could use it.  I just (for the first time) made some of those Pillsbury cinnamon buns.

You know, the kind that comes in a roll?  They were on sale.  The small package of 5.  They were only $1 a piece...good deal as usually they're almost $2 a piece.

So, I got a bunch of them and figured I'd give at least 1/2 of them to a friend of mine...I do stuff like that all of the time.

Well, you guys know I cannot for the life of me read any directions.  I didn't even bother to get out the book.

I put the things in and started pushing buttons.  The light came on and I could tell it was getting hot.

In about 5 minutes the buns were cooked!  Amazing!  I'm thinking...."Hot ******"...maybe I'm not as dumb (or should I say...."challenged" as I thought!"

Then reality hit me upside the head...(that pesky other side of my brain...the side that says, "Slow down little lady").

So, I'm giving this thing a rating of ummm....I'm thinking...OK, a rating of 8...because there's always room for improvement...right?

But if a ding bat like me can work the thing...anyone can....

The sky's the limit here people.....stay tuned!

Cinnamon buns (I ate 2 and threw the other's out)...too sweet...today...for dinner.

Hummm??? Why am I so freaking fat?

I just saw where someone had problems with their's.  I hope he holds up.

I don't cook much at all so it's not like it will get used much.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 : Needed a good laugh. Ok- me 65 and can cook some things but have issues. See my post about needing help cooking extra large turkey wings. If we were neighbors- I could help you with your kitchen toy and maybe between the 2 of us could have something to eat. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee If you lived near me there'd never be a dull moment.

People would think I was crazy the way I talk to Bill the cat.

I always pinch off a tiny bit of my ice cream sandwich and put it on a napkin.  As he eats it I say, "Mom's a great cook isn't she Bill".  Ha!  I have him snowed!

What I do cook, I make really well.  When my husband was alive I cooked a lot of things for him I never even tasted.  I went by the smell of it.

I used to make oyster stew.  My mother taught me how to make it.  I'd drink the stew part and my husband would eat the oysters.  I hope this doesn't offend anyone but my mother would say, "It'll put lead in your pencil".  Ha!

I do make really good lasagna...so I've been told.  I make good mashed potatoes (lots of butter).  Things like that.

But I think many will agree, it's just not worth it to make a big meal just for one person.

I'm getting ready to make vegetable soup.  I'll eat that for days.

One thing I can do is eat the same thing for days at a time.  Never bothered me to eat the same thing over and over.

My daughter met me for lunch the other day and had Panera's new vegetable soup.  She said she'd like to find the recipe.

I'm big on Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipe but that soup is too new he hasn't come up with a copy on that one yet.

If anyone is looking for a good inexpensive gift I suggest those books.  Everything I've ever made from it is exactly spot on just like he says.

Sometimes it's weird what you have to put in it but it always comes out perfectly and tastes just like the restaurant.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 : I use the Todd recipe for KFC cole slaw. When I was single cooked on weekends and ate the same thing all week. I had a very stressful job and didn't have the energy to cook during the week.

DH and I love soup and made a big pot this weekend.

Love your post and the  very special - Bill the cat.

Funny story- church groups always request that I bring my brownies. I use a box mix that I add extras and make sure they are not overcooked and use the special pan that bakes them in 18 squares. I laugh and tell everyone how they are made and people don't believe me. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Doesn't take that long and is free to read directions.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee @Have you ever made cream cheese brownies?  You don’t have to like cream cheese.  They are amazing.

You put the cream cheese mixture you make in between the brownies.  Ive never met a person who doesn’t love them.

I don’t have the patience to post the recipe here tonight because I’m on my IPad and it acts squirely here, but if you want, I’ll post it tomorrow when I’m at my laptop in the TV room.

I know others who can eat the same thing, but not many. 

Im glad you are out of the stressful job.  Life is too short to dread what going to happen during a day.

My daughter just quit the job she’s had for 5 years because it was stressful.

She found a better job with a lot more money and less stress.  They even upped her salary to help pay for doggie daycare.  She was working from home.

She listened to me me when I told her to get another job.  Sometimes momma knows best😉

Soup is good.  It is healthy and easy.  Just put everything in a pot and cook, right?

Take care, be safe.  I’ll tell Bill the cat he has a fan.  He keeps eyeballing the ceiling fan...I just know he want a ride on it...stay tuned.😻

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 : Love brownies with cream cheese but my group doesn't yet I make a cream cheese pound cake that they request for birthday gifts? I tell them that cream cheese and chocolate- what's not to love. If you have time please post your recipe and maybe your recipe will win them over. Gift idea for Bill- remote control truck to ride on- neighbor cat growing up- loved them. Stressful job bad on health. Glad your daughter listened to you.SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

Hey Sharke- still doing good with the eye surgery recovery? Southern Bee