Super Contributor

Re: Ordering steaks on line..

I ordered Omaha rib eyes quite a few years ok.  They were somewhere between ok and good.

Haven't had any Kansas City Steaks but have ordered their prime ribs and beef tenderloins multiple times.  Always hit the excellent mark.  Unfortunately they priced me out of the market a couple of years ago.

Have been buying at a local meat market for a couple of years now.  Less then 2/3 the price of Kansas City and every bit as good.

If you have access to a local source give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

We ordered Omaha Steaks about 10 years ago....that was the first and last time. I wasn't at all impessed. I only buy steaks from my local grocer and prefer to choose the size, weight and appearance myself. I honestly haven't found any food item online that is better than what I can find locally. To each her own though!

Honored Contributor

I have been gifted steaks from Omaha Steak Co., and Rastelli.   The steaks were edible, and just OK; my family found them to be nothing special at all.  I was glad I did not purchase them, and said as much to my MIL who had gifted them to us.   The Angus steaks at my local grocery store taste much better, and are cheaper.

Respected Contributor

@so so wrote:

Our son in law orders steaks from Omaha steaks all the time. He says they are excellent and loves their quick service. He is a rugby player and loves his steak and chicken. Has anyone ever tried an online steak company?? I was looking at Rastelli... the pork/steak package looks good. we don't eat steak all the time so having it in the freezer is a plus.

I've bought pork and steak from Restilli"s, so good, will always buy from there. They are packaged individual, and nice size. I've never bought from Omaha. Maybe will try someday.

Honored Contributor

There's no reason for us to buy meat online.  We have specialty butcher shops near us but my husband's parents way up in Maine and we have sent them Omaha steaks many times over the years. They love what they get, never any complaints.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, @so so , I'm on A-D for Rastelli 2 oz Filet Mignon (perfect size) and Beef Wellington. I may skip an upcoming shipment of the Wellington as I have some left over from Christmas.

Both are Delicious, and, darn it, now my mouth is watering thinking about them!

dee

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for Rastelli steaks I ordered from QVC.  Placed an order with Omaha and the order included 2 steaks.  Average.  I placed another Omaha order (for  convenience to  have items on hand and already packaged, etc.) yesterday with free shipping--which is the only way I will order.  Did not order steak.  I like their chicken that is breaded.  Cooking is so easy and fast in air fryer.  I don't make a habit of ordering frozen food online.  When I buy locally I always use my Food Saver to vacuum seal.