Honored Contributor

Ordering QVC food products as gifts?

When you order a QVC food product for a gift, does it arrive with a gift card of any kind?  I have to order a thank you gift for a neighbor who doesn't know me very well.  She won't automatically assume it's from me, and that concerns me because I received a QVC gift from a relative last year and I had no clue who sent it to me until she asked me about it a month later.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ordering QVC food products as gifts?

When you order any item there is a option button on the left and it asks if this is a gift click on it and you can leave a note to go with the item.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00

Thank you, but do you know if it's obvious when delivered?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  I have read on these boards that the note saying who it's from is on the outside of the package and very hard to detect.  I wouldn't count on her seeing it.  Since she's a neighbor, why don't you hand deliver it to her?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thank you @NickNack - that's what I was afraid of. Her hours and mine are very different, as she's a nurse and works overnight shifts, however I can have my husband be on the lookout for her during the day and hand deliver it.

It's unfortunate, though, that with all the emphasis QVC puts on sending gifts, they aren't more aware of this issue. Let's face it, most of the people who use this service are older and not as likely to see a small label on the front of the package, which is probably why I didn't spot it on the parckage I received last year.  I'd happily pay an extra dollar or two if they would include a gift card.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Isn't there a slip inside to say who bought it? I send gifts of food all the time from the Q and people always has known who it was from. Surely there is a packing slip.

Honored Contributor

@HLP

I've never sent or received a food gift from QVC, but last year, my niece sent me a set of tree ornaments from Temptations.  I had no idea who sent it.  Almost a month later she called to see if I'd gotten it, because she was surprised she hadn't heard from me. I don't believe there was any notice on the package.  Perhaps that was her error, but it made me wary.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@hayseed00

Thank you, but do you know if it's obvious when delivered?

Not sure if it is.  Two or three years ago I sent the Jr.'s mini cheesecakes to a friend that lives in another city.  I found out when she received them and knew she didn't order them she phoned QVC and inquired, etc.  Later she saw (in the box) that they were a gift from me.  Won't be doing bill to ship to again.

Honored Contributor

Unless they've changed it recently, no.

I, well my children, received a box of goodies from QVC...no clue why as I know I didn't order it. Pulled out the packing slip and the spot where your info goes was blank. So I called. Found out it was sent to them from someone who was not allowed to have contact with them (family member...long story). I told them I didn't want it and was tossing it.

Believe me, it there had been ANY info on the outside alerting me to who sent this, I would have refused delivery immediately. The fact I had to call tells you what I found on the inside (no note or info).

Honored Contributor

Update in case anyone is interested - I went to TJ's and bought a whole bunch of wonderful goodies, then to the Dollar Store for a basket, tissue paper and a scarecrow for the middle - came home and wrapped it in one of those big plastic oven bags that are made for cooking turkeys - tied it with raffia and a card - turned out better than what I could have ordered online.  I wound up spending $50 instead of the $200 a basket like that would cost online and got to hand deliver it! 

Thanks to all who responded.

~ house cat ~