Esteemed Contributor

Oneida Michaelangelo/Michaelangelo Golden ?

If you own this pattern, vintage, cube or newer settings has it held up in the dishwasher for you or hand wash only?

s-l1600.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Oneida Michaelangelo/Michaelangelo Golden ?

I hand wash only. I fear the dishwasher will pit or tarnish the finish on sterling silver.

Esteemed Contributor

I do have one set of Oneida silverplate and it does tarnish badly when using any lemon type of dishwasher tablet.

I don't know if Michaelangelo comes in silver/silverplate? Maybe someone can chime in? Sadly, the 18/10 is pricey enough! 🙄

Honored Contributor

I always heard "knives can't be put in the dish washer" (hollow handles).

I never registered for silver or china; I didn't want it and haven't since.

Respected Contributor

I own the old made-in-America Michaelangelo 18/10 stainless. I never have had any problem with it and it has been washed in the dishwasher for 20 years at least. The newer made-in-China may be different.

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy  I don't own this so no advice for you. Just wanted to say how very beautiful it is !!

Trusted Contributor

• My late MIL had this pattern in 18/10 for decades and decades.  When she passed it went to my SIL.  I loved the pattern and priced it about 25 yrs. ago and it was expensive.  In the early 2000's QVC carried Reed & Barton 18/10 flatware and I found a pattern almost identical.  It was a service for 12 with 12 extra teaspoons and 12 extra salad forks along with many serving pieces (over 100 pieces in the set).  It was a TSV and was about $100.00.  We've used it everyday, goes in the dishwasher and looks brand new today. I can't remember the pattern name. 
Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I own the old made-in-America Michaelangelo 18/10 stainless. I never have had any problem with it and it has been washed in the dishwasher for 20 years at least. The newer made-in-China may be different.

Thank you! I'm certain the newer MIC version isn't the same quality but sadly the only flatware still made in the US is Liberty Tableware.

Liberty bought the old Oneida facility in NY. I'll look at their patterns again but I love this pattern.

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy    I've never regretted my purchase, and I never expected it to be a good financial investment as well.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Golden Damask Rose, (Stainless, Gold Accent Back-Fr) by Oneida Silver. It has gone in my dishwasher daily since 1988 with absolutely no issues.  If what you have is sterling or silverplate, I would not put it in the dishwasher.