Honored Contributor

Re: One man's "stink" is another man's "aroma".

@Suzeecat wrote:

I'm not sure if it's OK to mention specific products not sold by QVC, so I will just say that I have an essential oil blend I bought from a MLM company (YL) called Purification.  It's amazing at ELIMINATING odors, which I discovered when I became aware that my (former) neighbor with whom I shared walls with was smoking marijuana.  That stink would wake me from a sound sleep in the middle of the night!  I started diffusing Purification when I went to bed and never had that problem again!  Now I use it for any odor, or if I just want fresh air inside. 

@Suzeecat 

Thank you for the tip.

Could you please explain what exactly you do with the essential oil to elimate smells?  

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Young Living sells table top misters for the oils.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I'm not sure if it's OK to mention specific products not sold by QVC, so I will just say that I have an essential oil blend I bought from a MLM company (YL) called Purification.  It's amazing at ELIMINATING odors, which I discovered when I became aware that my (former) neighbor with whom I shared walls with was smoking marijuana.  That stink would wake me from a sound sleep in the middle of the night!  I started diffusing Purification when I went to bed and never had that problem again!  Now I use it for any odor, or if I just want fresh air inside. 

@Suzeecat 

Thank you for the tip.

Could you please explain what exactly you do with the essential oil to elimate smells?  

@house_cat ,You put a few drops of the essential oil in water into a diffuser and it emits a very fine continuous mist into the air, similar to a humidifier.  You can buy diffusers pretty much anywhere now, I got a nice one at Kohls, and Amazon sells a variety also. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom I remember my husband saying a few times when I made egg salad, "How can something that tastes so good smell so bads " ?

Valued Contributor

I make cabbage rolls about twice a year, and I absolutely love the smell. My grandmother used to make them, so I think it reminds me of being in her kitchen. The trick that works for me is to open all the windows, turn on the ceiling fans, and most importantly, turn off the heating and air system so that the smell doesn’t get drawn through the air ducts, air filters, and other rooms in the house.