Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,075
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

I have no idea when or where we bought Olde Cape Cod BBQ and Grilling Sauce - Black Angus. It is by far the best BBQ Sauce we ever bought. And we have been looking for it ever since we tried it. We have not been successful.

 

Tried Amazon and it is not listed as available. Looked all over the web and only seem to find potato chips and oyster crackers. 

 

Has anyone ever heard of it? Or have seen it?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,118
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

[ Edited ]

Never heard of it. We use Head Country & Sweet Baby Ray's original. Vinegar is the 2nd ingredient so I know we won't like it.

Looked online but it shows unavailable at the couple links I clicked on?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,075
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce


@Nightowlz wrote:

Never heard of it. We use Head Country & Sweet Baby Ray's original. Vinegar is the 2nd ingredient so I know we won't like it.

Looked online but it shows unavailable at the couple links I clicked on?


Thanks - we have been buying Sweet Baby Ray's just because everyone has it. But I am making one desperate attempt to find OIde Cape Cod. I even kept the bottle. But it looks like it is one of the many products that we really like, that disappear. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,118
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

@drizzellla 

 

I just looked again on Google. When I clicked on the instacart link it came up showing available at Aldi, CVS, Family Dollar & Same Day in my area.

You could try to see if it shows available in your area. 

I have not see it at Aldi.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,075
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

Thanks - I will be on the hunt tomorrow. At every Aldi's I have been to there isn't much of a selection of items. It seems like there is one brand for any item. And lots of times it is their own brand.

 

Thanks - I could kick myself I was in CVS this afternoon. But I did not look at the food items.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 533
Registered: ‎08-01-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

From what I've been able to find out, Olde Cape Cod is owned by Bay Valley Foods which is associated with Tree House Foods.  Try to google either Bay Valley Foods or Tree House Foods (these guys have a contact form).  I suspect the Olde Cape Cod brand might have been gobbled up, maybe the name changed, or the product dropped but maybe one of those companies can tell you that for sure.  Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,075
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

[ Edited ]

@Melzie wrote:

From what I've been able to find out, Olde Cape Cod is owned by Bay Valley Foods which is associated with Tree House Foods.  Try to google either Bay Valley Foods or Tree House Foods (these guys have a contact form).  I suspect the Olde Cape Cod brand might have been gobbled up, maybe the name changed, or the product dropped but maybe one of those companies can tell you that for sure.  Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:


Yes, I also looked on line. It was originally made by Cains Food, Ayer, MA 01432. Cains Food was sold to Tree House Foods. When you look at Tree House Foods products I found this statement - " Our extensive portfolio includes single-serve coffee, powdered creamer, refrigerated dough, dressings, dips, sauces, dry dinners, hot cereals, pasta, salsas, syrups, pasta sauces, jams and jellies, pickles, and cheese sauces. "

 

I looked at all their facilities and none make anything close to BBQ sauce. Did not see anything close to sauce, dressings, dips, syrups, jams and jellies, pickles etc. Wonder if their product line is reduced because of Covid.

 

 It looks like Bay Valley Foods is the same as Tree House Foods. There is no mention of brands that they produce. There is no mention of stores that carry their products.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 533
Registered: ‎08-01-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce


@drizzellla wrote:

@Melzie wrote:

From what I've been able to find out, Olde Cape Cod is owned by Bay Valley Foods which is associated with Tree House Foods.  Try to google either Bay Valley Foods or Tree House Foods (these guys have a contact form).  I suspect the Olde Cape Cod brand might have been gobbled up, maybe the name changed, or the product dropped but maybe one of those companies can tell you that for sure.  Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:


Yes, I also looked on line. It was originally made by Cains Food, Ayer, MA 01432. Cains Food was sold to Tree House Foods. When you look at Tree House Foods products I found this statement - " Our extensive portfolio includes single-serve coffee, powdered creamer, refrigerated dough, dressings, dips, sauces, dry dinners, hot cereals, pasta, salsas, syrups, pasta sauces, jams and jellies, pickles, and cheese sauces. "

 

I looked at all their facilities and none make anything close to BBQ sauce. Did not see anything close to sauce, dressings, dips, syrups, jams and jellies, pickles etc. Wonder if their product line is reduced because of Covid.

 

 It looks like Bay Valley Foods is the same as Tree House Foods. There is no mention of brands that they produce. There is no mention of stores that carry their products.


True, but under the "Retail" list it shows sauces and they would have different name(s). Maybe if you write to them they can be more specific.  I think this is the only way you'll get a definitive answer.  Go right to the horses mouth.  It appears they do make sauces but you can't really read what's on the labels (the brand name) so drop them a line and they can tell you for sure what they make and where you can buy it.  I copied this from their page. :smileyhappy:

BBQ Sauces

Private Label BBQ SaucesGreat for grilling or as a side dipping sauce, our private label BBQ sauces provide an added kick of flavor to your meal. We produce National Brand match varieties in addition to unique formulations to satisfy a full range of tastes.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,075
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce


@Melzie wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@Melzie wrote:

From what I've been able to find out, Olde Cape Cod is owned by Bay Valley Foods which is associated with Tree House Foods.  Try to google either Bay Valley Foods or Tree House Foods (these guys have a contact form).  I suspect the Olde Cape Cod brand might have been gobbled up, maybe the name changed, or the product dropped but maybe one of those companies can tell you that for sure.  Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:


Yes, I also looked on line. It was originally made by Cains Food, Ayer, MA 01432. Cains Food was sold to Tree House Foods. When you look at Tree House Foods products I found this statement - " Our extensive portfolio includes single-serve coffee, powdered creamer, refrigerated dough, dressings, dips, sauces, dry dinners, hot cereals, pasta, salsas, syrups, pasta sauces, jams and jellies, pickles, and cheese sauces. "

 

I looked at all their facilities and none make anything close to BBQ sauce. Did not see anything close to sauce, dressings, dips, syrups, jams and jellies, pickles etc. Wonder if their product line is reduced because of Covid.

 

 It looks like Bay Valley Foods is the same as Tree House Foods. There is no mention of brands that they produce. There is no mention of stores that carry their products.


True, but under the "Retail" list it shows sauces and they would have different name(s). Maybe if you write to them they can be more specific.  I think this is the only way you'll get a definitive answer.  Go right to the horses mouth.  It appears they do make sauces but you can't really read what's on the labels (the brand name) so drop them a line and they can tell you for sure what they make and where you can buy it.  I copied this from their page. :smileyhappy:

BBQ Sauces

Private Label BBQ SaucesGreat for grilling or as a side dipping sauce, our private label BBQ sauces provide an added kick of flavor to your meal. We produce National Brand match varieties in addition to unique formulations to satisfy a full range of tastes.



I know the website says they make sauces and they have pictures. But I clicked on every facility they had. And not one facility is listed as making anything like BBQ sauce. Lots of crackers, pretzels, cookies, candy, broth, gravy, bakery goods and beverages.

 

I will try contacting them. I would also like to find out the stores that these items are shipped to.

 

Our Facilities

 

  • Brantford, Ontario, Canada

 

  • Cambridge, Maryland

 

  • Delta, British Columbia, Canada

 

  • Georgetown, Ontario, Canada

 

  • Hanover, Pennsylvania

 

  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

 

  • Lakeville, Minnesota

 

  • Lancaster, Pennsylvania

 

  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin

 

  • Manawa, Wisconsin

 

  • Ogden, Utah

 

  • Princeton, Kentucky

 

  • Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

 

  • South Beloit, Illinois

 

  • Tonawanda, New York

 

  • Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania

 

  • Medina, New York

 

New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-12-2022

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

[ Edited ]

YES! You are absolutely correct, for my taste Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce,
robust and hardy Black Angus (made with Bourbon for beef) is the best sauce ever!

Like you I searched several years ago for it and gave up. I started again today (June 12, 2022) to see if someone purchased the company and put it back on the market, to no avail.

The company was bought/merged with Cains Foods

Cape Cod Times 1999
https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/news/1999/02/02/cains-acquires-olde-cape-cod/51034060007/

Then Cains Foods was brought by Treehouse.
Food Engineering 6/25/2013
https://www.foodengineeringmag.com/articles/90923-treehouse-foods-to-pay-35-million-for-cains-foods?...

This is as far as I got then I ran into you here. Smiley Happy

I still have some form years ago, afraid to use it because of the scarceness at that time.

I give up, an afternoon waisted on this search for my favorite sauce. If you ever find it please let me know.

 

I tried to load a picture but the file was to big.