Honored Contributor

Re: Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce

@Nightowlz wrote:

Never heard of it. We use Head Country & Sweet Baby Ray's original. Vinegar is the 2nd ingredient so I know we won't like it.

Looked online but it shows unavailable at the couple links I clicked on?

@Nightowlz I love love love Head Country!  It is very good on a bbq chicken pizza!  

Respected Contributor

Years ago you could readily find Olde Cape Cod brand in Christmas Tree Shops. It was a staple there. They made a salad dressing-Lemon Poppy Seed which was so delicious. We used to cook chicken breast in it along with using it in salads.  But, then the company was bought out and the recipes changed. Did not taste anything like the original Lemon Poppy Seed.  Too bad, can't find anything close to it in taste.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rockycoast wrote:

Years ago you could readily find Olde Cape Cod brand in Christmas Tree Shops. It was a staple there. They made a salad dressing-Lemon Poppy Seed which was so delicious. We used to cook chicken breast in it along with using it in salads.  But, then the company was bought out and the recipes changed. Did not taste anything like the original Lemon Poppy Seed.  Too bad, can't find anything close to it in taste.

Sad that the company was bought out. I liked the BBQ Sauce. I thought it was better than any sauce I have tried.

And I know what you mean about salad dressing. I liked Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar. It not only went well with salads but I also used it to cook with seafood and chicken. The Olive Oil and Vinegar was discontinued. 

Honored Contributor

@NoSous wrote:

YES! You are absolutely correct, for my taste Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce,
robust and hardy Black Angus (made with Bourbon for beef) is the best sauce ever!

Like you I searched several years ago for it and gave up. I started again today (June 12, 2022) to see if someone purchased the company and put it back on the market, to no avail.

The company was bought/merged with Cains Foods

Cape Cod Times 1999
https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/news/1999/02/02/cains-acquires-olde-cape-cod/51034060007/

Then Cains Foods was brought by Treehouse.
Food Engineering 6/25/2013
https://www.foodengineeringmag.com/articles/90923-treehouse-foods-to-pay-35-million-for-cains-foods?...

This is as far as I got then I ran into you here. Smiley Happy

I still have some form years ago, afraid to use it because of the scarceness at that time.

I give up, an afternoon waisted on this search for my favorite sauce. If you ever find it please let me know.

I tried to load a picture but the file was to big.

You bet. If I find anything else, I will let you know. 

But I like you have kept what I had bought. I just wish that I bought more than one bottle. I suspect I bought it at a "kitchen shop". They all kinds of gourmet foods, unusual food items. They also sold lots of utensils, cookware and accessories. 

Used to spend a great deal of time in that store and the numerous stores in the complex. Sadly the Reading Vanity Fair Outlets closed. We used to make a day trip going there. And always found tons of items.