Respected Contributor

I just saw this and though I would share.  I think I'm going to have some of my Grandmothers recipes printed and give to my sister for her birthday.  I love this idea.

This shows how you can take old hand written recipes and transform them into tea towels.  My Grandmother has been gone for many years now, but I can recognize her writing and would love to have some of these for myself too.  

https://blog.spoonflower.com/2012/07/turn-recipes-into-tea-towels/

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 What a wonderful idea and gift this would make!  I really don't want to make them, i   there someplace you can have it done?

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva  It looks like you can get something similar with shutterfly, by using a picture of the recipe instead of a normal photo.  However, it looks like it doesn't cover the entire towel, but it still would be nice. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

That is fabulous!  My husband's cousin has a number of old recipes and kitchenware from their grandmother and treasures them.  Such a nice connection to a loved one.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  - thanks!  I'll look into it.  I know I've seen pix of things (usually grandkids) on totes, mugs, etc.

Honored Contributor

Nice gift idea!   You can also have recipes printed onto cutting boards....I did the scanning and uploading for a friend...it was her mother's treasured recipe and a gift for one of the grand kids...(etsy site).

Super Contributor

what a beautiful idea !!!!!!   I have my great gram's and gramma's recipe cards. For fun I read them over...menu cards are my favorites along with "sandwich fillings"