Respected Contributor

Re: Okay. I said I wouldn't, but I did.

@house_cat wrote:

My old dishwasher used to do that. I ruined some good quality plastic glasses in it.  I switched to Finish Gel Pods and that solved the problem.

hmm I use Finish Quantum....

Honored Contributor

i put both the tops and the bottoms  in the dishwasher (i have a fisher paykel double drawer) and never have a problem. i buy cascade complete action pacs and also use finish. i dont have pitting, damage to the seals, or cloudiness/film.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

House-cat, your post made me smile.  I hope you enjoy your new set.  Maybe there's something else you could get rid of, if space is a problem.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Anniecamp. I joke about it, but I'm really not a hoarder Smiley Happy  I frequently purge the older containers. I find lots of uses for them in my classroom.  Some just seem to disappear, as I'm frequently giving away food and baked goods. I usually get a nice thank you, but I don't always get my containers back.

I received the TSV in record time. Hubby says they sent it out before I ordered it, based on my ordering history.  Might be, because usally my orders take about two weeks to arrive.

I only opened half of the set for now. Someday I'll be delighted to open the other half.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I received mine in record time too..on Friday! Has the Q opened their new Ontario shipping facility already?

I ask, cause I know you are in the same basic area as I am...

My only disappointment with this set, and I would have noticed, had I paid more attention, is that they only nest, if you aren't using the "big" container, the others fit into it, but don't really "nest" so if the large one is in use, all other 11 are just loose, pretty much...
Honored Contributor

I didn't know they were opening a new facility, MotherT. Perhaps that's the reason it arrived so quickly. I'm not exaggerating when I say items usually take two weeks to arrive. I hope this is the beginning of faster shipping.....

AND HOW ABOUT THAT RAIN THIS WEEKEND?!  Wasn't it a treat!

You are right about the nesting situation.  I never bother to nest them, as I use them too frequently, so I wasn't disappointed about that.  

Here's a happy surprise... we use those loaves of Orowheat sliced bread, wheat and white, and it turns out they fit perfectly into the large container.  That's good because my son and husband rarely close the bags correctly and the ends of the bread dry up.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Yep, i am used to really long waits from the Q also! which i why this as so great!

And that rain!...well, I am in Glendora, and we are still recovering from the fire a year ago January- it was a yellow alert for flooding and mudslides here, luckily we are ok..Why is it the foothills get all the  most extremes!?

I am an addict for L and L too, and like you, only opened one of mine! Actually, some of the smaller round ones fit in the small squre ones!

Thanks for the tip on the bread!

Respected Contributor

I recieved mine yesterday . Lime green. I love it and think it was one of the nicest combos at a fair price ever . I love the ones with handles and such a nice variety of practical sizes for my household of 2. The tiny dibs and dabs round one is so cute! I have never been disappointed with L & L.

I use the DW mostly . I find Cascade all in one works best in mine. If nothing greasy or smelly has been in it I will hand wash. I find when I haven't used the cleaner stuff in the DW for a while the bottoms will turn out cloudy, but I have never had a problem with the lids. Certainly cannot say that about other brands.