Valued Contributor

Ok one more VitaMix Question...

Can you grind or chop chicken or other kinds of meat in the Vita Mix? Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Ok one more VitaMix Question...

Yes you can.

Valued Contributor

^^Thanks

Trusted Contributor

mare54: The VM certainly can chop meat, BUT you have to be super careful cleaning it out. You can't take it apart like other blenders.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/24/2015 lacey1 said:

mare54: The VM certainly can chop meat, BUT you have to be super careful cleaning it out. You can't take it apart like other blenders.

That is my concern; how is it properly cleaned after grinding raw meat? It was never addressed in any of the presentations that I saw.

Trusted Contributor

I only grind meat when I'm making something special for my family, and thenI use the food processor, or the KA attachment- because I can clean it thoroughly. I personally would not use the Vitamix for meat.

Valued Contributor

Thanks again for the info. I noticed on Pinterest, you can put it in your food processor. I have a Cuisinart so I'll probably try it there. We don't care too much for ground turkey and I want to make lettuce wraps like Pei Wei or PF Changs. Hope everyone is feeling the sunshine and blue skies. Here in SE Texas we have been waterlogged! Time to dry out! Stay safe everyone!!

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 mare54 said:

....I have a Cuisinart so I'll probably try it there. We don't care too much for ground turkey and I want to make lettuce wraps like Pei Wei ...

Absolutely, if you do not have a dedicated meat grinder the Cuisinart FP (or most others) is far better than using a VM or ANY blender.