Honored Contributor

Re: Ok So while David is showing the bug zapper.......

I can see having one of these in the house, if insects are a problem.  But putting one outside, turned on 24 x 7, sounds over-the-top crazy.  Insects are an important part of the ecosystem and many of them are beneficial.  I'd rather use a citronella candle or some sort of deterrent that works only for short periods.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette  The inside ones are really great. There is no motor or anything like that. You just plug them in.....fits flat against the wall, emits a light (which works well as a night light!), and they are attracted to the smell that has been created from the heat of the light. There is a replaceable sticky pad that the insects stick to. 

Dynatrap.jpg

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@geezerette  The inside ones are really great. There is no motor or anything like that. You just plug them in.....fits flat against the wall, emits a light (which works well as a night light!), and they are attracted to the smell that has been created from the heat of the light. There is a replaceable sticky pad that the insects stick to. 

Dynatrap.jpg

@World Traveler 

I think the reason I didn’t buy was because of the sticky pads.  They reminded me of those old fly strips that hang down and you get caught in them!😄

I know it depends on how many bugs you have, but about how often do you have to change your pads?  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette They suggest every 30 days for changing pads, but I only changed it a couple of times last summer. You do NOT see what is on the pad until you pull it out of the unit. The insects are not facing you; they are facing the light/heat and the wall. I have kept it on all winter and have not changed it but once during the cool months. Not much buzzing around when it is cold. I just kept it on for the night light effect.

I believe the unit came with four pads and then you can purchase more. I haven't purchased more yet.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thanks!  I may check into them before the warm weather hits here. 👍