Respected Contributor

Ok, I have a 6 qt Viva Instant Pot, what accessories do you love?

😊 ❤ 😊 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ok, I have a 6 qt Viva Instant Pot, what accessories do you love?

I have a great steamer basket I got from Amazon, along with racks to cook eggs on.  We do a lot of hardboiled eggs in ours and have the stackable egg racks. Hatrigo steam basket is very nice and we have the original sturdy steamer basket (that's the name!  Ha ha!) as well.  Everything from Amazon. 

There is also a pink plastic thing that slips on the steam vent before you open it and diverts the steam sideways rather than it shooting straight up to the ceiling.   It's called the steam boss.

Also, the silicon lids are so handy to store things in the fridge in the stainless pot. 

Valued Contributor

I have the IP Ultra - 6 qt. I found a video on Youtube that suggested accessories - I bought a ceramic non-stick insert,  silicone lid,  baking dish, steamer pot.  Amazon has so many things to add.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Aozita Stackable Steamers insert pans with sling

from Amazon.  I like these a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc.  I'd use the Instant Pot awhile then decide what accessories I'd use rather than enthusiastically  buying things that will be untouched.  I used a PC for years not needing anything but the rack that came with it.  This thing is like a Barbie Doll; they'd love to sell you a bunch of stuff to go with it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

only thing I got was a basket for HB eggs, and got the stackable one as a gift.

also if you want to do savory vs. sweet stuff might consider 2 rings---because it can pick up flavors.  

I don't do any dessert type stuff but I got an extra ring just in case, 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have a great steamer basket I got from Amazon, along with racks to cook eggs on.  We do a lot of hardboiled eggs in ours and have the stackable egg racks. Hatrigo steam basket is very nice and we have the original sturdy steamer basket (that's the name!  Ha ha!) as well.  Everything from Amazon. 

There is also a pink plastic thing that slips on the steam vent before you open it and diverts the steam sideways rather than it shooting straight up to the ceiling.   It's called the steam boss.

Also, the silicon lids are so handy to store things in the fridge in the stainless pot. 

i throw a kitchen towel over it but thats  a cool idea

Valued Contributor

Extra rubber sealing rings are handy. Sealing rings tend to pick up the flavor and odor of foods that you've pressure-cooked, like roasts. And then impart it to other foods. The extra sealing rings come color-coded so you can use the same ones for specific types of food.