Honored Contributor

Odd question: has anyone here contacted CS about the poor quality of a food item?

[ Edited ]

I want to but it's not like I can send the food item back because it was served to people. Would you call to simply inform CS; would you call to get your money back; would you just leave a 1 star review?

Curious as to what someone would do in this situation because this would be a first time for me having to do this. TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Odd question: has anyone here contacted CS about the poor quality of a food item?

I have done it. Call CS and tell them the food item was not satisfactory. They will give you credit for it. No problem, no questions asked. No need to return anything.

QVC's food items are expensive!  No need to pay for something that you did not like.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Odd question: has anyone here contacted CS about the poor quality of a food item?

I think CS would want to know if you felt the product you received was not up to par.  I have no idea how/if they would compensate, but they can't improve if they are not aware of customers' feelings.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your purchase : (

Esteemed Contributor

What was the food item--so I don't buy it!!

Honored Contributor

Call CS and tell them why you were dissatisfied.  They will refund your money.  You don't have to send anything back.  Quick and easy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've thrown out so many food items and not asked for a credit - stupid me - right now have 3 boxes left to toss of those chicken nuggets - recent new product.  Salty Salty Salty - but I have asked for a credit a few times.  Food is so bad on the Q.  (I buy pastry locally but Q meat products - side dishes - and prepared dishes are terrible)

Honored Contributor

That is a tricky one.  I think since I served it, I wouldn't ask for a credit.  I would leave a one star review.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam - I think it would depend on the circumstances.  You say it was served to people.  Did everyone (or a lot of your guests) complain about it?  Did it get left on the plates or dumped in the trash?  Did anyone give a reason why it wasn't satisfactory?  Did someone get sick?

You don't say what the food was or why you were unhappy with it.  If it was just a personal preference, I wouldn't call for a refund; I'd just leave an honest review.

If the food was bad, I'd call for a refund and explain why.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18  The thing is, you're not going to know what the food tastes like unless you serve it albeit to yourself, family, friends, at a party, no matter.

If you tried it once, twice whatever and you did not like it, call CS for your credit back on bad food item(s).

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I've thrown out so many food items and not asked for a credit - stupid me - right now have 3 boxes left to toss of those chicken nuggets - recent new product.  Salty Salty Salty - but I have asked for a credit a few times.  Food is so bad on the Q.  (I buy pastry locally but Q meat products - side dishes - and prepared dishes are terrible)

@fthunt  I really don't understand this.  If you keep toss so many items, why do you order anything.  I have had one item, which everyone seems to love but I could not eat, for which I was refunded, but then I won't order anything like it again.    

I really would not order anything anymore if I were you.