Trusted Contributor

Re: Odd ingredient for potatoe salad but oh my is it good...

I would like to try a bite before wasttng a whole bowl full. I have printed the mac salad one but just cannot make myself try ,it seems so odd.
Esteemed Contributor

How interesting! I can see the sweetened condensed milk working nicely if you like potato salad on the sweet side. I can see the kids and husbands rushing to the bowl!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My mother made a "sweet" dressing for potato salad that was delicious, but knowing her it was probably about 6 cups of sugar that made it sweet. Boy was it GOOD, though. She was NOT a low calorie cook!
Valued Contributor

I'm going to try this, I wonder if it would work in chicken salad, maybe just a little not the entire amount as used in this recipe.

Respected Contributor

This does sound good, but it is a large recipe, so you could reduce it. It is 82here today, but 45 by Friday, so who knows what to make.
Esteemed Contributor

I was not expecting that. What was the texture and consistency of the potato salad?
Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

It was the same as any other potato salad Honny, you wouldn't notice anything different other than it was sweet.

Yes it does make a lot so if you decide to only make half than only use half the can. Otherwise you might have a bowl of something not edible.

Honored Contributor

It's worth a try.

Occasional Contributor

My sister used to make a pasta salad that had sweetened condensed milk in it and it seems like it was always a hit. I make my own salad dressing for potato salad and it includes sugar, so I'd probably enjoy this recipe a lot.

Honored Contributor

My DH would love this! He loves sweet...and he loves pot salads and mac salads w/ lots of mayo. I try never to use mayo in salads but he whines like a mule when he sees me use oils and vinegars. He likes his traditionally CREAMY salads.

I am going to make this for him soon! Thank you for posting.

BTW-where on earth do you guys live that it is in the 80s and can I come stay with you? PLEASE??? We are a high of 14 again today...sniff sniff!