Esteemed Contributor

Re: Odd Thing About Some QVC Vendors

I'm wondering what in the heck brought on this comment by the OP?? I check several topics here most days, and sure don't recall being bashed, slammed and villified daily because I happen to eat meat! Where is the bashing and slamming being made on this forum? I guess I've missed it!

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I'm wondering what in the heck brought on this comment by the OP?? I check several topics here most days, and sure don't recall being bashed, slammed and villified daily because I happen to eat meat! Where is the bashing and slamming being made on this forum? I guess I've missed it!

Chef Tony was bashed once because he said Rastelli beef was the best beef out there. Many felt he was disingenuous.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "rabid anti-carnivores," as I once saw someone call them, seem to come and go in waves here in the forums; at times, there will be a bunch of posts from them, and then it will be months before we see any of these posts. I also think a lot of them end up getting deleted because they often escalate quickly from pleas to avoid eating animals to attacks on individual posters. (And it is possible that at least some of the individuals in this group have been banned, as they seem to have confrontational views in other areas that also lead to complaints and deleted posts.)

All that said, I agree with others who wonder about the impetus for the OP; I have not seen any of these inflammatory posts around for at least a month, likely much longer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the OP's post was odd from the beginning.  How can one say the "meat and poultry retailers who sell on QVC don't seem to mind at all the meat-eater bashing that goes on here on the boards."

Whether there is bashing or not (I haven't seen any, since bashing tends to mean more than one post), how does anyone here know what the vendors are thinking or how they are taking things posted here?  Whether they read posts here or not, it wouldn't be reflected in their sales pitch.  I don't quite understand, that's all.

Honored Contributor

I think I know the impetus for this thread: There has been some heated debate in the last few days about this topic.

But with all due respect to the OP, this thread sounds more like an attempt to further the debate than to wonder about the meat vendors.

The meat vendors sell to those who eat meat. I doubt they give a hoot about dissenters.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@godi wrote:

I’m sure QVC has more people that do not post or read these boards. 

Exactly. A very small percentage of shoppers use these forums.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I would think they would be concerned that their patrons are slammed and villified daily on here. 

I am a card-carrying carnivore, and I don't remember seeing any such posts.  

@Peaches McPhee   Well, you have missed a lot of bashing of carnivores by people who only eat plant based diets then, because it has been going on more than usual lately. Those who eat meat have been accused of not carting about animals, and so on. 

Lots of threads that contain a lot of bashing and baiting of people who don't share a certain viewpoint.  

when did having a different point of view become bashing 

@jackthebear 

ITA.

You could also say all the non-plant posts could be detrimental

to the sale of Vitamix/Yoananas making green smoothies/banana

desserts. Hard to make a salmon smoothie.

Leafies aren’t worried.

There’s room for everyone.

@Sooner 

I saw your response & responded twice to no avail.

Friends...good🌼💛