Honored Contributor

Re: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Yum! And a belated Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like it was a great one!

Birthday animated emoji

ETA: Sorry I couldn't find a birthday cookie one, LOL!

@KingstonsMom 

Thanks for the cake. Love chocolate. Had a nice birthday.

Waiting to see what happens Fri for our Anniversary. LOL!!!

Been eating a lot of apples. Eating too much junk.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Nightowlz  Happy Birthday !!!!. and the cookies look delish !!!

@hayseed00 

Thank you. The cookies are delish. My favorite used to be chocolate chip but since DH made these years ago they are my favorite. They just don't seem so overly sweet. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Nightowlz  My mother made the oatmeal, chocolate chip, walnut cookies and added a bit of mashed banana.  Best cookies I ever had.  I can taste them now.  Sure miss my Mom and those cookies too.

@KathyM23 

I don't think I have ever ate one like this until after I got married. I remember my mom baking butter cookies that melt in your mouth. She probably did not have time for a lot of baking with 7 kids. She did make pecan pie for me if I went out back & picked pecans plus shell them.

I need to start using more banana in baking in place of oil in recipes that won't be affected by taste.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

well happy belated birthday to both of you and food and desert sounds really good. 

@Pooky1 

Thank you. Feb is a busy month for us. Our Anniversary is Fri.

He's in the kitchen now making Jambalaya. Most of it will go in the freezer for him to take to work for lunch. It's raining so he's in the kitchen.

I made some homemade blueberry muffins this morning.

Honored Contributor

Wow he sounds like a keeper! It my wildest dreams I cannot imagine my DH making cookies....
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

He took off work?  Wow, you're more than lucky.  It makes me feel good when I hear others are loved and blessed with each other.  Heart

Please feel free to send me any cookies you can't eat (LOL)

@rms1954 

Yes he took off work. He's taking off work this Fri. for our 44th Anniversary. He took off his birthday too. He has done this for years. I remember one time he had to work on his birthday. LOL!!!

Wish I could send the cookies through the computer. They are so good.

Wonder what DH will make for our Anniversary. He always wants to go out to eat but I prefer to stay home.

You sound like two loving, deserving people.  I am happy for you.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Wow he sounds like a keeper! It my wildest dreams I cannot imagine my DH making cookies....

@lovesrecess 

LOL!!!

Well he's in there right now making Jambalaya.

He likes too cook. He's always in the kitchen. 

Sometimes I cannot get in there since he does not want me cooking same time he is even though we have room he thinks he needs the whole space. I did make some blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Respected Contributor

blueberry muffins yummy. a couple weeks ago i made cranberry oange muffins. febuary is kinda busy for us to. we have marias birthday the day after valentines day and her brothers birthday is today on 02 23 . actually january is to. marias dads bityhday is 01 07. mine is 01 09 and her other brothers birthday is on 01 11. they have both passed away so they allways take flowers to the cematery. my mil has a blueberry cake recipe thats really good. i havnt made it in a while.