Respected Contributor

OT: The big list of birthday freebies

I'll be eating free for most of this week, as most deals are good for the month of your birthday! Yesterday I had a nice meal at a local upscale Italian restaurant (totally free, including dessert), got a free sub from Firehouse Subs to take home for dinner, and for dinner's dessert had a coupon for a free Krispy Kreme donut and coffee. Today's lunch was a full (free) meal from Captain D's.

Check this link out and bookmark it; you can usually sign up for things right away, and you'll get an email just before your birthday with the deal. I keep a separate email addy just for things like this, but can tell you honestly that I've never, ever had a problem with spam from any of these places - just an occasional coupon or freebie. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

http://thefrugalgirls.com/birthday-freebies

Super Contributor

Re: OT: The big list of birthday freebies

There is a young woman about 19 /20 years old who passes

my husband's office to her part time job... (I thought it was a

Secretarial School).. No, it is one of those dreadful Telemarketing

dens.. The week that I met her she was pushing coupons for "FREE"

Pizzas...All she needed was the persons name, address & phone #

I also discovered that anyone who accepts the coupons for the

free stuff, gets on the list, and the "Do Not Call List" no longer

applies to them because the moment they accepted the "FREE stuff"

they gave the Company & other companies linked to it, permission to

call, email, mail or contact them in any way they saw fit...

Honored Contributor

kzeks -good to know, thanks.
Respected Contributor

FunkyHulaGirl -- Happy Birthday!! There are a ton of freebies. Thanks. I'm going to sign up for a few.

Since this is your birthday month, I hope your birthday was, is or will be great!

Super Contributor

On 1/20/2014 Kzeks said:

There is a young woman about 19 /20 years old who passes

my husband's office to her part time job... (I thought it was a

Secretarial School).. No, it is one of those dreadful Telemarketing

dens.. The week that I met her she was pushing coupons for "FREE"

Pizzas...All she needed was the persons name, address & phone #

I also discovered that anyone who accepts the coupons for the

free stuff, gets on the list, and the "Do Not Call List" no longer

applies to them because the moment they accepted the "FREE stuff"

they gave the Company & other companies linked to it, permission to

call, email, mail or contact them in any way they saw fit...

Should NEVER be a problem. Everyone has one 'junk' email address; no one ever said you have to read the mail in it. You don't have to give a real phone number. I use Jack's (my Magic Jack) phone number. Since the ringer has been turned off for the past 5 years, I wouldn't know if a telemarketer called anyway. I only use it for outgoing calls, even to local businesses that may put your phone number in their 'sales' bank. I also have a facebook page that wouldn't connect to me in a million years. You need it for many of the free meal coupons. Outback and Longhorn send to facebook often.

I LOVE free meals. Aqua Blue in Atlanta gives you a 2# lobster dinner for your birthday. You have 30 days before and after your birthday to use it. Sal Grosso (a Brazilian steakhouse ), Rib Ranch, same thing). While most Texas Roadhouse restaurants give you a dessert or appetizer on your birthday, ours gives you a free meal. Likewise, Abuelos.

Many places like IHOP, Captain Ds, Red Lobster, Carabbas, Longhorn, O Charley's, and Outback all email a coupon for your birthday freebie. Even Cracker Barrel gives you a dessert if they know it's your birthday. At Captain D's, if you don't care for one of the three free meals, you can get $5 off ANY item and they give you a free dessert.

Also, the kid's 'cookie' club at the bakery at your local Publix, Kroger, etc will also give you a cookie anytime you go in. You don't have to be a kid, and it's not just for your birthday. At Publix, I did suggest that they give out one of the chocolate dipped strawberries, cannoli or petits fours to adults in the cookie club, but as yet they haven't implemented it. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} They DO give you one on your birthday.