Honored Contributor

I came across this the other day, and couldn't resist ...... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

cat fish

Respected Contributor
Won't eat catfish but love cats! While I'm going thru a divorce I was forced to leave my house and my two cats a mother and her son. I rent a room and the land lord has a cat. Less then two weeks the cat became my best friend! She is a lap cat, stays with me at nite and is my everything right now. The only bad thing is when I met her she was lean and weighed maybe 10pds. Well I always leave crunchies out for her and she now weighs over 20pds!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Generally large cat breeds like Bobcats, Lynx, and on up, not those domesticated ones, even the Maine Coons. The large breed cats are more like dogs in behavior. My bobcat/tabby mix, found wild and came in search of food as a kitten and stayed, fetches, comes will called and listens to directions like get down, come on and so forth.

As for catfish...grill, bake, pan sear, batter and fry, anything really. Many people don't like catfish because they are bottom dwellers and can taste stronger than perch/talapia. Catfish can be small or 8+ feet. Channel cats get very large in warm waters, especially those found off of hydroelectric dams. Catfish are great cooked right, well, anything is great cooked right.

If you want a cat that acts like a dog, get a dog. Cats don't act in predictable ways. They train you not the other way round.

Super Contributor

The catfish nuggets do not have skin on them so I might bread and air fry them if I purchase them.

Reading further it seems that my Siberians are also to be doglike, but they do not fetch anything and do not play with toys but love my twist ties that I make into a spring. They do get into cabinets/open doors and my dogs never did that ?

Respected Contributor
I have 8 cats(5 inside my house) and three very bad ones who live in a very awesome building that was built for a roadside fruitstand. It's 8x16...8 x8screened area and 8x8 enclosed . One of my indoor cats for sure was a dog in a past life.He hangs with my dogs,eats his food with them, greets at the door, and if he could bark I'm sure he would.He was not raised any special way.He just is a dog in a cat body. He is one of 3 gorgeous black Hemminway kittens I found.d abandoned on the side of a busy road.
Honored Contributor
On 2/22/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I came across this the other day, and couldn't resist ...... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

cat fish

Awww lol.

Honored Contributor

I think a Korat is dog like. I had one in the 70's and until late 80's. He was a handsome boy. What a character. They also are the most allergy free for sufferers, muscular, and smart beyond smart. They are noted for their unusual green eyes, and devotion. They are rare in America, but can be found. Mine did tricks. He would sit, speak and do high-fives.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, but whose cat or dog eats at the table, keeping his elbows off the table???

The Rockman

Denise
Honored Contributor

Catfish nuggest? Bread in cornmeal and fry (or sauté) those babies! Dip them in cocktail sauce!

Cats like a dog? Paws down that would have to be a Siamese! I have had four of them over the years, most would walk on a leash, one would fetch, and one would ride around in a box lid with a string on it when I pulled him along.

One ruled the earth. The neighborhood dogs and our friends gave him a wide berth, and he was really mean to any dog who came in HIS yard. I loved him to pieces and he was the smartest animal I've ever been around.

My favorites are the seal points. The blue points are docile and sweet, but the seal points I've had are the smartest and most creative. They DO talk back to you! And they like to play games with you. As long as they win. . .

Oddly, all of the seal points wouldn't touch fish or milk, liked water (and would wade a little in shallow water) and would drink iced tea--go figure. And I just remembered, one was BAD about trying to drink your tea, so I got him his own glass, and ever after he drank out of HIS glass. He'd turn up his nose at a bowl, but always drank out of his own Dallas Cowboy's glass (I got it free at a filling station back when!). I kept it on the end table and that's where he'd go to get a drink. He liked ice in too. They are peculiar creatures!

Honored Contributor

"Maine Coon" cats are considered to be the most dog-like.

If anyone (besides myself, LOL) is interested in one of these gorgeous kitties, please try to adopt - don't shop:

*check out Petfinder.com

*use Google to search maine coon rescue groups alongside your zip code