Honored Contributor

Re: OMgosh! I made the best dinner tonight! I hope I can remember what I put in it, lol!

Sounds good to me! Most of those things are also great pizza toppings. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: OMgosh! I made the best dinner tonight! I hope I can remember what I put in it, lol!

Kudos to you. It sounds great.
Trusted Contributor

At least once a week, I make a stew out of whatever leftovers or canned items I might have. Yesterday I made a chicken/sausage stew using some leftover green beans, a can of mixed veggies, cut up an onion, cut up 2 large potatoes, threw in some boiled okra from Monday's dinner, had a stalk of celery left from last week that I cut up and put in, as well as cutting up a few pieces of the grilled chicken left from Sat. Also had some smoked sausage and a few strips of bacon that I threw in as well. Very yummy!!

Valued Contributor

Was Door Knock Dinners the one that had Paula Deen in it also before she became big? I really liked those shows. Wish some like that would come back without all the game show and frantic nonsense with it.

Super Contributor

Door Knock Dinners would come into a neighborhood, knock on doors and ask if they could come into someone's home. The chef would go into the refrigerator and pantry and whip up a gourmet meal with the items available while Gordon Elliot would interview the homeowners.

I didn't remember that Paula Deen was on the show, but doing a little research she & another chef did appear together in one of the shows when Door Knock Dinners went into a fraternity house.