Esteemed Contributor

Can you pack it separately and adhere it to the side of the box somehow, and then advise the company of your action?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I've forgotten an item when repacking a box for a return. Just peeled off the tape and repacked it. I wouldn't not include the item. Hate when that happens though.

Respected Contributor
On 3/7/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 3/7/2015 sunshine45 said:

i cannot imagine NOT including every piece of whatever i ordered if i was sending it back to ANY company unless it was a broken piece that they had said not to include. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

This.

I can imagine the frustration of trying to re-box an entire set of stoneware. I sure wouldn't want to do it. But if I found a piece left out I would start over. Maybe give yourself some time and then get back to it. It's the weekend, so you have some time and don't have to rush it.

I did. And I never said I wouldn't include everything, that was another poster that made that suggestion. It just stinks when you think you have it all packed but woops! nope, there is one more piece lol Doh!

Valued Contributor
On 3/7/2015 Tootie15 said:

i cannot imagine NOT including every piece of whatever i ordered if i was sending it back to ANY company unless it was a broken piece that they had said not to include. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

I totally agree ....

Same here!!

Respected Contributor
On 3/7/2015 Daysdee said:

I've forgotten an item when repacking a box for a return. Just peeled off the tape and repacked it. I wouldn't not include the item. Hate when that happens though.

I didn't say that I wouldn't

Honored Contributor
On 3/7/2015 Ladybug724 said:

This.

I can imagine the frustration of trying to re-box an entire set of stoneware. I sure wouldn't want to do it. But if I found a piece left out I would start over. Maybe give yourself some time and then get back to it. It's the weekend, so you have some time and don't have to rush it.

I did. And I never said I wouldn't include everything, that was another poster that made that suggestion. It just stinks when you think you have it all packed but woops! nope, there is one more piece lol Doh!

Hi Ladybug! Oh, I know! Honestly - like probably the others, I was reacting to what another poster said and not EVEN to anything you said at all. I didn't want you to think that I would elude to you just saying 'oh heck with it I'll just leave it out'. While I cannot speak for anybody else, I'm pretty sure nobody else meant that either. Smiley Happy

But I sure was feeling the frustration of having to repack that whole set of heavy stoneware and then seeing one piece left out. That's a biggie because it's not easy to repack stuff like that.

Respected Contributor
On 3/7/2015 Ladybug724 said:

This.

Hi Ladybug! Oh, I know! Honestly - like probably the others, I was reacting to what another poster said and not EVEN to anything you said at all. I didn't want you to think that I would elude to you just saying 'oh heck with it I'll just leave it out'. While I cannot speak for anybody else, I'm pretty sure nobody else meant that either. Smiley Happy

But I sure was feeling the frustration of having to repack that whole set of heavy stoneware and then seeing one piece left out. That's a biggie because it's not easy to repack stuff like that.

Thank you for clarifying! I wouldn't want you to think I would try to cheat Qvc out of an item! But you are right. This is the big reason I try to refrain from ordering the big sets because if it isn't right, you have to spend two hours trying to repack it! My husband was trying to help me--it was pretty funny though, it was like trying to figure out how to put complicated jigsaw puzzle together! And they do pack it very tightly! Thank you for your reply, btw I always enjoy your posts Smiley Happy