Honored Contributor

Re: OK, dumb question, how do u eat your plain tomatoes?

[ Edited ]

I love tomatoes served just about anyway except Grilled or with vinegar or anything acidic on them.

I eat them chunked up with olive oil, salt and fresh basil and onion on them as a salad or in a Real Greek salad with cucumbers, onions and feta cheese with olive oil.

Almost  forgot to mention that tomatoes, onions, olive oil and basil salad is even better if you use the drippings as an oil for dipping bread.  

Sliced or chunked, they taste the same to me.

They are good just by themselves, especially grape tomatoes. I like them with mayo and salt or in a sandwich or added to gluten free pasta with other fresh veggies.  

I bought a box of of 52 tomatoes ( I counted them)  for $12 on Saturday.   Half of them I cooked down to make a purée to mix with fried peppers and the other half, we have been eating.  I have 4 gts tomato purée left over in my freezer that I am going to use to make tomato soup later.

I plan on getting another box this week, again.  I like to always have tomato products in my freezer for winter use.  Much better than the commercial stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love tomatoes.I eat them anyway I can. Plain, marinated, cherry, wedges or slices.It doesn’t matter.I just love   tomatoes!!  🍅 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I so love a nice homegrown tomato in the summer....sliced or in wedges, it doesn't matter. They must have salt and a bit of pepper. That's all I need! They must be room temperature...no refrigerated tomatoes for me in the summer! Fixed with something, I want a BLT, please! Lightly toasted white or Italian bread, thick sliced tomato and some crisp bacon (the pre-cooked kind of bacon is fine), and if I don't have lettuce then it's a wonderful BT yummy sandwich! Works for me! I'm having one tomorrow!

Esteemed Contributor

Tomatoes & lots  of Hellman’s mayo with lettuce on a really good piece of Italian bread .... I marinate the tomato in olive oil, garlic &  oregano before I put it in the sandwich ..... sooooo good!!!!

Respected Contributor

I eat plain tomatoes, plain!!!!

Always have.  Always will.

Honored Contributor

I always loved tomato sandwiches, recently I haven't been as crazy about the bread part and prefer tomatoes and cottage cheese.

Trusted Contributor

My dad and I used to sit in the middle of the tomato patch with a salt shaker. We'd pick the best-looking tomatoes we could find, shake a bit of salt on them and munch down. We had a lot of good talks when we did that. 

I remember stopping at home on my way home from work one afternoon. I walked in the house and asked Mom, "Where's Dad?" "Oh, he's out in the tomato patch!" I went out and sat down. He had the salt. I don't think we even talked for 10 minutes, just sat there, enjoying our tomatoes.