Respected Contributor

Re: OK Everyone - What's Cooking for this November 2018?

Having hamburgers tonight.Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Respected Contributor

I have chopped & prep some food all day & also getting what dishes I need for the food. So we went out for pizza LOL I will tell you the next four days plan to not leave the house with all the Black Friday shoppers & I will have enough leftovers too.

Respected Contributor

It's Frys Marketplace owned by Kroger and beautiful huge store, I have their mastercard, load the coupons on my shoppers card, which every quarter I get cash coupons off of my groucery bill depending on my points with their mastercard. Also 1st Wenesday of the month is senior day 10% off everything.and the fuel points. Don't forget the free Friday item which is good for the week have to go to facebook to download that. Other grocery stores in my area are Safeway & Albertsons which I feel are more expensive. Also Wednesday is their sales for the week, on facebook I can see the sale before Wednesday. Always go to frysfood.com they put new coupons out more than just once a week. 

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. cold up here and and gettng much colder tonight we .went out for breakfast with my borther this morning. came home and maria pealed potatoes and sweet potatoes and made the sweet potato dish and will bake it tomrrow and she will cook mashed potatoes and make garlic knots and anna is making the rest. i made a pumkin cheese cake. and when i was loading the dishwasher i had the 6 quart  kitchen aid mixer bowl in the bottom rack and dropped a small light cutting board on glass bowl and it smashed. im like i thought if and when i brake that bowl it would have been from dropping it.maria said i need a new bowl before i start making christmas cookies.so i ordered a new metal 6 quart ka bowl from qvc with shipping and tax it came to 60 bucks.hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

Sorry about the Frys that I posted should have checked before I replied to a different thread. Just ignore it, sorry

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. down here its frezzing. this morning its13 degrees with wind chills in single didits. thanksgiving went well. lots of good food. turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potato with the brown sugar topping, fried artichokes,garlic knots little buns,corn,and a bunch of appitizers from bjs and chocolate, different fruits, cherrry cheese cake and pumkin cheese cake.all very good.we were going to go to jc pennys this morning but maria was able to get everything her and anna wanted online so we dont need to go out and frezze and deal with the crowds.we are going grocery shopping this morning and the markets are allways slow even when i was working.hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and will have great week. we will be giving coco a bath today and she goes to the groomers tomorrow to get christmas pictures taken in her red santa looking red dress.

Honored Contributor

We ate country fried steak, gravy, biscuits and fried apples tonight.    

Our Thanksgiving meal was Wednesday and we finished our leftovers yesterday.   

Today was trash day; refrigerator is empty, but the brown beans I intended to cook today will be cooked tomorrow.    

Respected Contributor

Don't freeze Pooky1 - that is way too cold for me.

Am  a bit sluggish on posting but just am not feeling the best in the world. Davey's Dad did most of the cooking yesterday and I truly appreciate it. Hard to take however, when one just cannot do what they have done for a zillion years. What can I say.

Chilly here but cannot say cold although to me it sure is. Was 40 yesterday and today it got UP to 50! Wow!!

Ditty is already snuggling up in the blanket I put on top of the dryer out in the carport Am so excited that the new tenant in Johnny's Auto shoP loves CATS and took an instant like to Ditty who was sitting over there on a pile of rocks glaring at him. Ditty loves papas, NOT mama s.  LOL. Am hoping the best will come for Ditty. It is getting a bit tough for me to feed and  also provide water and make sure he is OK. An adorable cat. Sometimes miracles do happen.

Hope all had a great day

Respected Contributor

Had a great Thanksgiving but I guess I wore myself out.Yesterday did nothing but eat leftovers. One of my favorites is making potato pancakes with leftover mashed potatoes.Have a restful week-end.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Had a great Thanksgiving but I guess I wore myself out.Yesterday did nothing but eat leftovers. One of my favorites is making potato pancakes with leftover mashed potatoes.Have a restful week-end.

@hellie jo  I didn't sleep until 4:00AM, have these nights every so often, but maybe it was the rich food, so moved slowly yesterday, and ate leftovers.  Sweet potato with pecan strusel on top for breakfast, the same today, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce for dinner, a few pieces of turkey, and a small apple.

I actually lost weight by Friday morning.  I find no matter how much I eat on a cooking day marathon, I lose weight.  I was down another piund today, WEIRD, but I know that eventually, this will stop as Christmas cookies are on the horizon, lol.

I love mashed potatoes heated with a poached egg on top, nice and goopy, maybe I will have this tomorrow morning.