Respected Contributor

Re: OK Everyone - What's Cooking for this November 2018?

hellie. im sure it looks really nice with the snow storm. how much snow did you get. and your meal sounded really good. its a good meal for a snowy day.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1,

Yes, you are correct in assuming my daughter is a long haul truck driver.  

She does team driving and their trips are usually 7 days, but she has been out as long as 9-13 days.  I try to cook her favorite foods when she’s home, as she gets very tired of fast food wrapped in paper, or carried out in a styrofoam container.    

We do not eat any type of sandwich when she’s home!   

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

hellie. im sure it looks really nice with the snow storm. how much snow did you get. and your meal sounded really good. its a good meal for a snowy day.

We got 6 inches of snow.Tonight we got Chinese take out.Always have a lot of leftovers haha.

Respected Contributor

These truckers have a hard life, I am almost done with Christmas gifts those UPS & mail I feel so bad Some people complain they don't get their stuff fast, they have to understand to have patience. RedTop glad you are there to give them a home cooked meal & guess they sleep there too. The traffic is a mess. Wish your daughter the best hope she is home for Christmas

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sissel,

Thank you for your kind thoughts for my daughter.   So far she has always been home for Christmas, although she has gone out after midnight on the 25th, in order to pickup her load(s) before warehouses close for New Years.   

We live in WV, and my daughter is employed in NC.  She makes her runs with different drivers employed with the company.   She may run several trips with the same co-driver (male or female) before dispatch partners her with someone else; pretty much depends on how many drivers are available for work.  The company has drivers running east coast, west coast, and local runs.   Between injuries, illness, etc., dispatch often has a few challenges getting a team together and on the road.

P.S.   My daughter takes a variety of products out, but mainly hauls food products back to the east coast; different fruits and vegetables.   This time of year it’s a lot of apples and citrus.