Honored Contributor

Re: O/T What's your favorite (bought) candy? What do you just love?

On 12/30/2014 Pianomama said:

I adore anything with chocolate and nuts. I could eat a whole bag of peanut M&Ms.

What IS the deal with Peanut M&Ms?? They are seriously addictive.

Otherwise, I love Butterfinger, KitKat, Almond Joy, and Reese's PB whatever (trees, hearts, eggs, and last choice the 'cups').

For chocolate shop stuff I love milk chocolate haystacks. Mmmm - chocolate and coconut!

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 sfnative said:

Though I have a couple of current favorites, my all-time favorite is a candy I can't get any longer (to my knowledge).

My Dad used to come home with a small bag of these mint taffies or chews as a treat once in a while. Each piece was slightly off-white, had muted brown stripes running vertically about 1/4" apart, was a bit larger than a regular piece of taffy and had a powdered covering that on further thought may have been a combo of corn starch and a bit of confectioner's sugar.

If anyone knows where I can get these wonderful "chews," I'd be very grateful!

Have you searched the Vermont Country Store Catalog?

Honored Contributor

Also, Hometown Favorites might be a choice. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I love black licorice, America black licorice, the ropes or Twists/Twizzlers.

But I also love expensive dark chocolate, and I like See's dark chocolate truffles with raspberry filling.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I love candy, as long as it's milk chocolate, I'll eat it! I guess if I had to choose just one kind, it would be good ole Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar!Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar - 1.55 oz

Respected Contributor

My favorite is Twizzler's - preferably the chocolate, but the strawberry is also very good. Also Symphony bars (either kind), chocolate covered mac nuts, Hershey's Kisses (especially the ones with mac nuts) & Nuggets, M&Ms, Charleston Chews minis, Swedish Fish, Muddy Bears, Mexican Hats.... Lots of others, but the ones I mentioned are irresistable! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You can get Bonomo's taffy and lots of other kinds of "old-fashioned" candies at Nuts.com.

Honored Contributor

For those 'vines' I just love 'Red Vines'. The ones that come in either a round tub, that you used to see at offices, or in a flat-ish box with the blue on the label.

Honored Contributor

See's candies, especially the dark chocolate assortment (with the dark chocolate with raspberry filling being my favorite) and the See's peanut brittle, which is gentle on your teeth and very fresh...so yummy! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Absolute favorites are Lindt Truffles, Dove Dark chocolate with Almonds, Malley's Pretzel Bars, however if these are not available MM's with peanuts, Snickers or Reeses PB cups will do fine. I don't like any hard candies or fruity ones, except Twizzlers.

Respected Contributor

Oh, almost forgot - one of my all-time favorites: Joyva Raspberry Jelly Rings. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}