Super Contributor

Re: O/T What's your favorite (bought) candy? What do you just love?

On 12/30/2014 kcladyz said:

Hands down Chocolate coconut haystacks followed my marzipan (spelling? lol) and I must add Turkish Delight! TD is rare in america but its fantastic. It is like a fruit jelly like a gummy but very smooth and melts when you bite into it and covered in powdered sugar

Turkish Delight was my mom's favorite, she could eat an entire box so she would tell my dad and I to take it away and hide it after she'd had a few pieces. Smile It is yummy stuff and always reminds me of her when I see it.

Esteemed Contributor

I received Godiva, See's and Waggoners for Christmas. I'll take Waggoners over the others.

Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 sfnative said:
On 12/30/2014 islandgrrl said:

This is going to sound really obscure by I LOVE Botan rice candy. Whenever I go to our local Asian markets I pick some up.

I love these, too, and have been eating them since I was a child. These days I always make a trip to Cost+ before Christmas to purchase sufficient as stocking stuffers. (They used to come with a "real" toy inside, like a plastic car.)

Yes! There used to be a real toy inside when I was a kid. Alas...

Esteemed Contributor

Ghiradelli Squares -- Dark Chocolate with Raspberry and Brookside dark chocolate pomegranate are my current loves. I do love Godiva, but I haven't had it for years due to the price. Of course, I like lots of other candies, both chocolate and not. Lucky I can limit myself to one or two pieces a day.

Honored Contributor

Plain Hershey milk chocolate kisses and Jelly Bellies are my faves
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Peppermint bark, eating it right now in fact

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

I too look forward to Cadbury eggs love them

Chocolate covered hard toffee with nuts my fav

Peanut butter cups Reese's love them

Good & Plenty = haven't had in a long time

Payday candy bar

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 TRUE said:

I too look forward to Cadbury eggs love them

Chocolate covered hard toffee with nuts my fav

Peanut butter cups Reese's love them

Good & Plenty = haven't had in a long time

Payday candy bar

Forgot about Cadbury eggs - love those at Easter.
Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Holly Jolly JingleBells said:
On 12/30/2014 kcladyz said:

Hands down Chocolate coconut haystacks followed my marzipan (spelling? lol) and I must add Turkish Delight! TD is rare in america but its fantastic. It is like a fruit jelly like a gummy but very smooth and melts when you bite into it and covered in powdered sugar

Turkish Delight was my mom's favorite, she could eat an entire box so she would tell my dad and I to take it away and hide it after she'd had a few pieces. Smile It is yummy stuff and always reminds me of her when I see it.

There is a company here in WA state that makes a candy that sounds like this. It's called Aplets and Cotlets. The company is called Liberty Orchards and the original founders were Armenian.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor

I love nonpareils...the ones that are the size of a quarter, not the Sno-Caps, but I'll eat those at the movies. I also lhave a weakness for ike sugar free Strawherry Twizzlers.