Super Contributor

Re: O/T What's your favorite (bought) candy? What do you just love?

Not a fan of expensive "gourmet" candy but I love 3 Musketeers, Hershey Kisses and anything licorice (?).
Esteemed Contributor

M & Ms at the theater (great w/ popcorn). Werthers hard caramel candy. Caramel chewy candy w/ sea salt. Reisens dark chocolate.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

See's candy but a one pound box is over 18.00 my other favs are: butterfinger, peanut m&m's and snickers....oh and kitkat.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Contributor

See's MILK chocolate (hate dark choc) excluding any mint flavors !! See's is by far the best.
Valued Contributor

Reese's

Caramello's

Charleston chews

Cadbury eggs

Milky way

Hershey kisses

milk chocolate all the way

Esteemed Contributor

Remember Val o milk or Vald o milk? (milk chocolate with runny marshmallow cream inside) I never liked those, but it always looked like it was fun to eat. My sis loved them.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Hands down Chocolate coconut haystacks followed my marzipan (spelling? lol) and I must add Turkish Delight! TD is rare in america but its fantastic. It is like a fruit jelly like a gummy but very smooth and melts when you bite into it and covered in powdered sugar

Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 sfnative said:

Though I have a couple of current favorites, my all-time favorite is a candy I can't get any longer (to my knowledge).

My Dad used to come home with a small bag of these mint taffies or chews as a treat once in a while. Each piece was slightly off-white, had muted brown stripes running vertically about 1/4" apart, was a bit larger than a regular piece of taffy and had a powdered covering that on further thought may have been a combo of corn starch and a bit of confectioner's sugar.

If anyone knows where I can get these wonderful "chews," I'd be very grateful!

If it's what I'm thinking of, we used to have those in England too, we called them Humbugs. They were typically beige with brown stripes, and flavored with peppermint. If you google search Humbugs they have lots of pictures and places that make them.

Esteemed Contributor

Butterfingers and frozen Reese's PB cups and frozen Charleston Chews

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Hooty said:

Unfortunately, I love candy, as long as it's milk chocolate, I'll eat it! I guess if I had to choose just one kind, it would be good ole Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar!Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar - 1.55 oz

You and me both. I just love that bar. It may not be a high end chocolate but I sure like it. Smiley Happy