Honored Contributor

Re: O/T What's your favorite (bought) candy? What do you just love?

Cella cherries, peanut M & M's, and Mr Goodbar are my top 3.
Respected Contributor

This is going to sound really obscure by I LOVE Botan rice candy. Whenever I go to our local Asian markets I pick some up.

Respected Contributor

Chocolate - I feel guiltier eating any other candy (all in my mind).

Regular Contributor

My favorite candy was nestle crunch crisp but they recently quit making them...i called nestle and told them that wasnt fair but whatugonnado? I dont like anything else.
Respected Contributor

Goetzes Caramel Creams and Milky Way bars, Cotton candy, Cadbury fruit and nut bars, Chili Chocolate bars, Orange Fruit Slices and the list goes on... and on...{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

Snickers

Super Contributor

My all time favorite is Cadbury's Flake chocolate bar, and also Nestle's Quality Street candies, but I usually need to order those online. For candy I can find in a local store I love the Lindt Lindor Truffles.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 MalteseMomma said:
On 12/30/2014 sfnative said:

Though I have a couple of current favorites, my all-time favorite is a candy I can't get any longer (to my knowledge).

My Dad used to come home with a small bag of these mint taffies or chews as a treat once in a while. Each piece was slightly off-white, had muted brown stripes running vertically about 1/4" apart, was a bit larger than a regular piece of taffy and had a powdered covering that on further thought may have been a combo of corn starch and a bit of confectioner's sugar.

If anyone knows where I can get these wonderful "chews," I'd be very grateful!

Have you searched the Vermont Country Store Catalog?

I haven't, but will sure check into it now! Thanks so much!

Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 islandgrrl said:

This is going to sound really obscure by I LOVE Botan rice candy. Whenever I go to our local Asian markets I pick some up.

OMGosh I had forgotten what that is called. When I was in 4th grade, for one of our school fundraisers, my parents bid on a traditional Japanese dinner prepared by one of my teachers in her home. I remember it being one of the most lovely dining experiences I've ever had, and the first time I ever tried Japanese food. At the end of the meal she passed around this candy and I remember being fascinated that you could eat the rice paper "wrapper". It was really very good. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 islandgrrl said:

I love these, too, and have been eating them since I was a child. These days I always make a trip to Cost+ before Christmas to purchase sufficient as stocking stuffers. (They used to come with a "real" toy inside, like a plastic car.)