Esteemed Contributor

Nuwave cooking..... does anyone have experiences with this type of cooking.

The aspect of convection cooking made easy seems interesting. Is this machine good, bad, healthy or do you just go with the counter top convection toaster oven type machines.

Any input would be appreciated.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Nuwave cooking..... does anyone have experiences with this type of cooking.

I find it interesting as well. I like you can do up to a 16# turkey. I think I am going to try it and if I don't like it, it will go back. I like you can do a frozen turkey.

I am also thinking a newer model will be coming out soon with higher watts and temperatures. I purchased the Nuwave induction burner a couple of months ago (and absolutely luv it) at 1500 watts. Low and behold, the other channel had a newer induction burner out 1800 watts with 5-minute increments and colors a couple of weeks ago.

I am interested to hear from others as well. My hopes are high that I like this. Thanksgiving will be the test.

Occasional Contributor

I bought one when it was offered the last time as a TSV and I highly recommend it. I've made frozen pizza, grilled steaks, roasted chicken and meatloaf. It won't heat up the whole house. My sisters were home last summer and the oldest one was so impressed that she bought the Nuwave Mini from their website for her home (the Nuwave Pro does have a decent footprint). The presentation and infomercials don't do it justice. One trick I read about is lining the bottom with aluminum foil to catch anything that drips. The chicken I roasted------ lots of fat dripped off so still looking for a better way to catch/trap it. I really enjoy mine just research before you buy but QVC offers a lot for the price even after when it's not the TSV.
Respected Contributor

My late husband lived in a cabin for a while with no oven (really, no stove.) He bought the earlier version of this cooker and he LOVED the results. So when we got married, we had a series of them. The weak link is the fan that circulates the hot air down from the infrared element. Another weak link is the plastic dome that holds the fan on top.

The reviews are fairly good of the NuWave. But some people report issues. I think this is a better unit than the one we owned (Turbo Countertop Cooker.) Eventually, my issue with ours was that the fan would start to get noisy then fail to work. In one case, the element stopped heating up. We bought several new boxed ones on sale at a deep discount from a close-out store, and used them until they broke. Why? The chicken these things make is beyond delicious and my husband LOVED chicken thighs cooked this way and it pretty fast to roast them up and the unit did not heat up the kitchen like the oven does. He really loved cooking in it.

Bottom line, if you like crispy skin on chicken, this is really wonderful. It does bake cakes and cook many other things (fish, steak, you name it.) If you don't like using your oven or heating up the kitchen, this thing is great.

Frequent Contributor

Is the grill portion hard to clean? I don't have a dishwater and am afraid everything will stick and require soaking?
Respected Contributor

How is this thing to clean. I know they said dishwasher safe or hand wash, but is it that easy?

Respected Contributor

I was interested, so I googled for reviews. There were lots of issues with the dome cracking, so I decided not to order one.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's my TV.........but the cooked food samples looked kinda ""gray""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 11/12/2014 Usedtobe said: Is the grill portion hard to clean? I don't have a dishwater and am afraid everything will stick and require soaking?
I don't have a dish washer either. I've had the nuwave since the last TSV. We use the nuwave quite a bit. I've only had to soak it a couple times. It's not too bad to clean. Sometimes I'll do cinnamon rolls and I ice them still on the rack the icing can be a pain to get out between the wires but not enough to make me move them to a plate first
Valued Contributor

I have the Pro model offered last time it was a TSV and cleaning is super easy. I fill my sink with enough water to fill the bottom drip pan and put the cooking rack/grill inside and let it sit. By the time I'm ready to do the dishes the pan and rack just need a light going over to remove any loosened food residue, rinse and done. These parts are also dishwasher safe.

Desertdi, I've never had anything come out looking gray. Chicken and turkey skins are crisp and well browned, chops, steaks are also nicely browned.

I use mine several times a week.