Honored Contributor

Re: NuWave Pro 8 in 1 Digital oven

yikes ! either they don't intend to honor the one yr. warranty or THEY think it was caused by wrong doing on your part, excessive roughness, whatever. My Orville Redenbracher popcorn popper has a domed plastic lid, but, I've had good luck with it.

Be good if you could find one at a yard sale, etc. and buy it just for the lid.

Good luck ! Hope, they're not all like that !

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Daysdee said:
On 3/23/2014 Sharke said:

Think it said all the pieces (not the electric top of course) can go in the dishwasher. I want something that I can bake potatoes in I love baked potatoes with butter. LOL

That is why I am tempted to order. I only bake 1 or 2 potatoes at a time and feel it's a shame to heat up large oven for that. However, I don't have room for the NuWave and wonder about clean up. Does the clear part look dirty after cooking meat, etc.? Does anyone bake potatoes in their old Nesco? Maybe I should try that and not order more "gadgets."

I have a Nesco Circle of Heat and it bakes the best potatoes ever. Slightly crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.

I soak them in water for about 30 minutes, then turn the rack upside down in the Nesco so the potatoes rest about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the bottom. Yummmm!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Occasional Contributor

I was just wondering about some of the combos that were made yesterday...like fish, chicken and French fries, or the mixed breakfast foods. How do you determine how long to cook combinations? If I choose the highest number of minutes of any of the items, will the others get over done?

Frequent Contributor

On 3/24/2014 itzdee said:

I was just wondering about some of the combos that were made yesterday...like fish, chicken and French fries, or the mixed breakfast foods. How do you determine how long to cook combinations? If I choose the highest number of minutes of any of the items, will the others get over done?

If you noticed in some of the breakfast presentations, they had that very problem. The biscuits were burned by heating it up enough to cook the sausage.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 betteb said:

Think it said all the pieces (not the electric top of course) can go in the dishwasher. I want something that I can bake potatoes in I love baked potatoes with butter. LOL

That is why I am tempted to order. I only bake 1 or 2 potatoes at a time and feel it's a shame to heat up large oven for that. However, I don't have room for the NuWave and wonder about clean up. Does the clear part look dirty after cooking meat, etc.? Does anyone bake potatoes in their old Nesco? Maybe I should try that and not order more "gadgets."

I have a Nesco Circle of Heat and it bakes the best potatoes ever. Slightly crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.

I soak them in water for about 30 minutes, then turn the rack upside down in the Nesco so the potatoes rest about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the bottom. Yummmm!

Well, I'll be getting my Nesco 4 qt. out tonight. Does the soaking in water make a huge difference? Just curious. It must or you wouldn't do it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Daysdee said:
On 3/24/2014 betteb said:

Well, I'll be getting my Nesco 4 qt. out tonight. Does the soaking in water make a huge difference? Just curious. It must or you wouldn't do it.

I think it does. I think they come out more fluffy inside, plus I think it helps get the skin really clean. I've done it both ways, and I like them better when I soak them. I soak them in warm water.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

What if you soaked them in a saltwater solution? I be the skin would be so yummy!

i have owned one  for about a year nowIt is very easy to clean every part is dish washer safe except for the top of course will clean easily if you wash didshes by hand also. I am very pleased with it, it does everything they said it will do, yes it will cook meat from frozen, and when i buy meat with the  foam tray on the bottom i do have to let the meat thaw for  a while, yes it is a little inconvient but all things considered its well worth the money that i paid for it. I use it at least 3 times a week never had any problems with it.