Honored Contributor

Re: NuWave Pro 8 in 1 Digital oven

On 3/23/2014 Sharke said:

Think it said all the pieces (not the electric top of course) can go in the dishwasher. I want something that I can bake potatoes in I love baked potatoes with butter. LOL

That is why I am tempted to order. I only bake 1 or 2 potatoes at a time and feel it's a shame to heat up large oven for that. However, I don't have room for the NuWave and wonder about clean up. Does the clear part look dirty after cooking meat, etc.? Does anyone bake potatoes in their old Nesco? Maybe I should try that and not order more "gadgets."

Honored Contributor

Yeah, mine are black quartz (granite you have to pay to have sealed every so often) with stainless appliances. Now, they say SS is out and 'ice' colors are on trend. Hubbo, says looks like you'll be 'off trend' , then hahahahhahaha

Contributor

Think it said all the pieces (not the electric top of course) can go in the dishwasher. I want something that I can bake potatoes in I love baked potatoes with butter. LOL

you can bake potatoes in it. i put them on the bottom on the low rack. i start them sooner than the meat etc because they take longer. sometimes i will quarter the potato or potatoes and season them and cook them in the time it takes to cook the chicken.

Honored Contributor

Just throw the clear cover in the dishwasher, what I do with my popcorn popper lid that is a Orville Redenbacker.

Honored Contributor

Kohl's has a similar one in black only and it is $149. By the way, for those that love Nesco (like I do), Kohl's has them.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, mine are black quartz (granite you have to pay to have sealed every so often) with stainless appliances. Now, they say SS is out and 'ice' colors are on trend. Hubbo, says looks like you'll be 'off trend' , then hahahahhahaha

Lol..I don't blame your hubby. I wouldn't even want ice cream colors...trendy is not good unless you're rich, lol. Yeah, I think I'm gonna like my NuWave almost as much as I love my VitaMix which I use almost daily.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Daysdee said:

Kohl's has a similar one in black only and it is $149. By the way, for those that love Nesco (like I do), Kohl's has them.

I bring mine out every now and then. I have the 18 qt. I think. When I had 3 kids at home it was used. Almost never now.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well, I bought it. My reasoning for everything....if I don't like it, I can always return it.

Honored Contributor

I got a big kitchen because I'm the last woman on earth who still cooks and cooks country food. LOL So, this will fit into my lifestyle. This & all my pressure cookers and I should be a busy old gal. LOL

Honored Contributor

I bought mine from Nuwave itself, much cheaper than the Q and they throw in extras for free such as the cookbook. When I bought mine they had a promotion of buying one getting the other free. For the two of them I paid less than $200.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson