Honored Contributor

NuWave Pro 8 in 1 Digital oven

Just bit on this in cinnamon color. Anybody have one and what is your opinion ?

Thank U !

Contributor

Re: NuWave Pro 8 in 1 Digital oven

they have never said on the show about removing the giblets etc out of the FROZEN chicken or turkey. i absolutely wouldn't cook a chicken or turkey with them still inside.

Honored Contributor

I throw all that out anyway. That is a good point, though.

Contributor

if its frozen you can't remove that stuff from the chicken or turkey unless it's thawed. they can't believe we are stupid enough not to notice that.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 RichieRich said:

if its frozen you can't remove that stuff from the chicken or turkey unless it's thawed. they can't believe we are stupid enough not to notice that.

I noticed that also. The poultry would have to be thawed or mostly thawed to get the packet out. I always wanted one of these NuWave type items, but I'm not ordering yet. Wonder how easy the clean up is. (I only cook for 1 so don't know if it is worth it.)

Honored Contributor

I bought one in black at 3 am this morning. I've been considering buying one for a long time. Amazon had good reviews on it and the price is right. I doubt if I even try cooking a turkey or chicken from a frozen state so I'm not worried about how to get the giblet out. Also, I've gotten too old to start not rinsing my meat. I scour the sink afterwards.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I read online (and just posted this in the TSV section thread) that they recommend removing the giblets after a few minutes (whatever time it takes to slightly thaw sufficiently) and start the bird breast down, I suppose to help release the innards from the bottom of the cavity.

Frequent Contributor

Not sure OP asked how to clean a chicken or turkey. Smiley Happy

I have one and love it! It excels in cooking meats and chicken. It tends to dry out veggies a bit but when I do veggies alone, I'll throw a bit a water in the bottom pan to help build up a little steam.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Daysdee said:

I noticed that also. The poultry would have to be thawed or mostly thawed to get the packet out. I always wanted one of these NuWave type items, but I'm not ordering yet. Wonder how easy the clean up is. (I only cook for 1 so don't know if it is worth it.)

They sell a NuWave Mini on Amazon but it cost $79.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Daysdee said:

i've had one for years and love it. it's really easy to clean. i do it in the sink since i don't have a dish washer. i use a little spray of pam etc so the bottom cleans easily and i also spray the grilling pieces at the same time. it's pretty accurate as to the cooking times.