Frequent Contributor

Re: NuWave Pro 8 in 1 Digital oven

On 3/23/2014 Mmsfoxxie said:They sell a NuWave Mini on Amazon but it cost $79.

Not the same thing....compare apples to apples please.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 cgando said:
On 3/23/2014 Mmsfoxxie said:They sell a NuWave Mini on Amazon but it cost $79.

Not the same thing....compare apples to apples please.

When I read the reviews, people that have the mini say it is the same thing....just smaller. Two of the reviewers had the pro and the mini. That's why it has the same name with the addition of the word "mini".
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

To me it looks like it takes up a heck of a lot of space, which I do not have. Also, there is going to be a heck of a lot of cleaning and scrubbing on those racks and everything.

Honored Contributor

I always feel I'm getting the better deal thru the Q because Bed and bath even with the coupon starts off with a higher price and using the 20% coupon you still have to buy the optional pieces separate, so, you might as well pay the shp and wait out the wait time. No way could you get the cinnamon shade at the B&B. I bought my Cuisinart mixer at B&B with the 20% off coupon, but, I had to settle for the platninum shade. Q, always has the trendy colors LOL

Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Free2be said:

I read online (and just posted this in the TSV section thread) that they recommend removing the giblets after a few minutes (whatever time it takes to slightly thaw sufficiently) and start the bird breast down, I suppose to help release the innards from the bottom of the cavity.

the point is they don't say anything about it on the show. they leave these little things out. it makes me wonder what else they leave out of various products. i had the nuwave for years and have cooked a whole chicken in it but not from frozen. i've always cooked a fresh one with the stuff removed from the inside. it cooks whole chickens nicely. same with roasts etc.

Super Contributor

I've had mine for years. Couldn't live without it. I just bought three for my kids. This is a great price. As for the frozen chicken. I clean out the whole chicken then freeze it. It's a great product I use mine at least twice a day. The warranty from Nuwave is also great
Honored Contributor

Think it said all the pieces (not the electric top of course) can go in the dishwasher. I want something that I can bake potatoes in I love baked potatoes with butter. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 gazelle77 said:

To me it looks like it takes up a heck of a lot of space, which I do not have. Also, there is going to be a heck of a lot of cleaning and scrubbing on those racks and everything.

Gazelle, I don't have much counter space either but I'll figure something out. If I find that I use it a lot, I'll leave it on the counter but remove something else. I don't like too much clutter.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

When David comes on it's gonna blow out of the house. Knowing that ahead of time I jumped in and got mine early and in the shade I wanted.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Sharke said:

I always feel I'm getting the better deal thru the Q because Bed and bath even with the coupon starts off with a higher price and using the 20% coupon you still have to buy the optional pieces separate, so, you might as well pay the shp and wait out the wait time. No way could you get the cinnamon shade at the B&B. I bought my Cuisinart mixer at B&B with the 20% off coupon, but, I had to settle for the platninum shade. Q, always has the trendy colors LOL

Yeah, that cinnamon is pretty! I have a black counter top similar to yours, Sharke, called Black Diamond so my appliance are black, silver or orange.