Super Contributor

NuWave PIC First Impressions

I just received the NuWave PIC and among my first impressions is the fact that it is a tad harder to use than some of the other "less capable" induction cooktops I have.

That being said, I compared my current Duxtop which is 1800 watts with the PIC regarding heating a quart of water at 80 +/- .5 degrees to boiling and although the 1800 watt unit was faster, it was not by much and certainly for the "huge" difference in power, I am impressed with the PIC as they have implemented well.

Without a doubt the instruction book is by far the best I have received with any of my induction cooktops and it even has several recipes which would be good to try the machines ability to adjust the temperature by five degrees.

Since I already have a significant amount of stainless steel conventional and non-stick induction capable cookware, I did not order it as the "free" quickly expanded to $70 when I chose that option before I deleted it.

Although I asked this question before regarding the evenness of heating, it appears to be the same as most of my other inductions.. Easiest way to determine the pattern is to put a large skillet //12" or so with about 1/2" of water in it and turn the unit on high or sear and very soon a small area of about 4-5" in diameter will be seen in the skillet where the water is being heated far more than the surrounding areas. Unless it is different at the lower temperatures, I really do not see a difference from other induction cooktops regarding the heating pattern.

Another rather significant difference from other cooktops I have had is that the PIC includes a true SEAR function that maxes out at 575 F. I have not tested this but I will compare it with the HIGH on my other induction and see if indeed there is a benefit here especially when grilling a steak.

Thats all for now..