Not applicable
Can you stuff the turkey when you take out. The giblets?
Respected Contributor

He talked about cooking the turkey FROZEN, then about half way done, take out the giblets and finish cooking. I guess you could stuff it half way of cooking, but the stuffing may never come up to temperature to eat it. I've never eaten stuffing out of the turkey. Instead I'd rather cook it in a dish and call it dressing. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Under those circumstances, I wouldn't trust that the stuffing would be done.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2014 Barbarainnc said:

He talked about cooking the turkey FROZEN, then about half way done, take out the giblets and finish cooking. I guess you could stuff it half way of cooking, but the stuffing may never come up to temperature to eat it. I've never eaten stuffing out of the turkey. Instead I'd rather cook it in a dish and call it dressing. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I heard this too. Why do I find that idea disgusting?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

Not all turkeys come with that stuff do they? seems like I got some I didn't have to worry about it. When you get a sale on chickens take out the gizzard and all that jazz then freeze.

Respected Contributor

Jan was talking about having to take the time to thaw out the turkey in the refrig. or even putting it in a sink of water. He wanted to skip that step!! Just go to the cooking and half way take out the giblets. Smiley Sad

I have a friend who cooks her turkey frozen with the giblets in it. Glad she told me, glad I've never eaten at her house.

Honored Contributor
When I cooked my first ever turkey, I didn't know there were giblets in it so I cooked it without removing them. Worked out just fine; they got cooked and could then be removed for whatever you want.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
On 3/23/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 3/23/2014 Barbarainnc said:

I heard this too. Why do I find that idea disgusting?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Why? Because is IS disgusting. {#emotions_dlg.scared} When we roast a turkey or a chicken, we thaw it completely if it's not a "fresh" bird, then we remove the giblets, then we clean out the inside just to make sure it's clean, then we season and roast it in our regular oven. If we did use a Nu-Wave, we'd do it the same way. I cannot imagine doing it the way it was presented on the show. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Aren't the giblets in a plastic bag inside? I wouldn't want to cook a turkey or chicken with that inside even for half the time. Would be messy to remove too.

Honored Contributor

All the colors are still available.