Super Contributor

Re: November Crock Pot (brand name) deal at Costco

Good deal!
Respected Contributor

About 3 years ago, I bought 3 of the same crockpot at the same price and rebate. I was hesitant at first because some claimed the crockpot ran "hot". But for the price and rebate offer, I decided to take a chance. So far, no complaints from anyone.

Super Contributor

Think I might need another crockpot, lol. Do they have a limit on how many you can buy at this price? I just thought of a friend of mine who might like this for a Christmas present. I don't think she has a crockpot, and is a busy professional and a single mom.
Respected Contributor

They all run "hot" these days due to government standards requiring they heat up higher at the end. The first "new" crockpot I had about 8 years ago did that and I was stunned. It was BOILING at the end, and I was expecting "low and slow." Seems they now ramp up the heat to the end and the "low" is the same as the "high" temp but they take longer to get there.

I have not seen the Puck versacooker, but I had a few Puck items (a food processor) and they are in the trash. So I'm wary of his brand, though I love the set of garnishing tools and I often give that as a hostess gift. (a set of maybe 8 tools in a roll case that do melons, zesting, peeling, coring, etc.)

Respected Contributor

On 11/13/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I'm a Le Creuset in the oven (low and slow) gal as well. I've been trying to give myself a reason to get a crock pot for a while.

This may be it!

That is my method for pot roast, and no crockpot will get the same results (drier than a crock pot.) However, I will of course not be leaving a gas oven on while I am not home, but I'm ok with a crock pot (is that stupid or am I reasonable on that?) So I have both methods, but I only do low-and-slow oven when I'm home during the day.

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Lynnj said: Think I might need another crockpot, lol. Do they have a limit on how many you can buy at this price? I just thought of a friend of mine who might like this for a Christmas present. I don't think she has a crockpot, and is a busy professional and a single mom.

I don't believe there was a limit.

Respected Contributor

On 11/15/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 11/14/2014 Lynnj said: Think I might need another crockpot, lol. Do they have a limit on how many you can buy at this price? I just thought of a friend of mine who might like this for a Christmas present. I don't think she has a crockpot, and is a busy professional and a single mom.

I don't believe there was a limit.

Just checked my Costco book and there is a limit of 5. Also available at Costco dot com. Check that out, too because it usually is the same price and sometimes free S&H. Offer expires 11/23/14.

ETA -- just checked their web site and S&H is $11.99. Get yourself to the warehouse if you want to buy. Maybe QVC's S&H charges are a bargain.

Super Contributor

Saw this at Costco yesterday......a great deal......Like the stainless .......I have 2 six quart already but both are at least 15 years old.......still going strong but the outside panels are different flowery panels that don't match my kitchen........I could talk myself into donating at least one......