Respected Contributor

Nov 9 Today is also NATIONAL SCRAPPLE DAY. link to a recipe to try.

I have never tried or made scrapple. I have seen recipes for it. Here is one to try!!!

www.nancyskitchen.com/amish-recipes/scrapple.html

Respected Contributor

Re: Nov 9 Today is also NATIONAL SCRAPPLE DAY. link to a recipe to try.

I don't know why it is not clickable??

Esteemed Contributor

www.nancyskitchen.com/amish-recipes/scrapple.htmlSmile

I was surprised it called for lean ground pork. Somehow, I thought this was originally a depression era recipe that use some questionable "parts" of the pig{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Another site: http://www.allrecipes.com/Recipes/Scrapple

Is it because I'm using Google Chrome instead of IE, that it is not clickable??

Respected Contributor

I've never had it either. It seems to be a less appealing variation of meatloaf. I mostly eat chicken in terms of meat. I've never liked beef or pork that much, although I will eat it.

Honored Contributor

As a country girl from WV, I am very familiar with scrapple, but cannot say it is a favorite. I definitely won't be making any. The recipe has been "modernized" with usage of lean ground pork, since most of us don't have access to a freshly slaughtered hog. My ancestors made scrapple with the tender, "delicate" meat scraped from the hogs head. My Papaw would put the hogs head in the big pressure canner and simmer it for hours on the cookstove, then pick and scrape all the meat off the bone to make the scrapple. No one was allowed in the kitchen when Papaw was making scrapple!