Respected Contributor

Not to early to Buy Cookie Making Supplies

I have my flour, sugar, and all my add-in for my Holiday Cookies.

It's really not too early to buy everything you need.

10# King Arthur Flour up a $1 at Costco

Sugar is still pretty reasonable

Nuts will always be expensive

Butter will be the key, I'll pick up 8# at Costco this week, I noticed at Sam's they are only carrying the non salted variety, that's good for baking but don't enjoy non salted butter for my toast

I know it's only Halloween but nothing is going to improve anytime soon, I rather have it than chasing around looking for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not to early to Buy Cookie Making Supplies

[ Edited ]

Despite all the drama out there, I'm also seeing sales.

I stalk prices online before heading out.

ETA: I think I'll get my nuts online this year, fresh from the growers and freeze any leftovers. The recent onion recall was a great reminder to choose wisely.

Respected Contributor

I bought most of my Christmas cookie supplies last week. I'll do a final inventory check before I go shopping next week. 🥧 🍪 😋 😋 😋

Honored Contributor

I've been trying to find Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix and the stores sure don't have it yet.  I want it for another recipe, not Thanksgiving. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

OP--think you are very smart! I saw many things I want for my Xmas dinner , only I  just have a tiny freezer in my refer and have no room to store any thing. I will have to wait until the holidays are closer.   

Valued Contributor

I just need to find a nice easy dough recipe so I can make sandwich cookies. I bought the biscuit cutters here that are 3 sizes for $15. I'll use ordinary cake frosting in different flavours to use as filling. Prices for ingredients aren't so bad but my store still seems to be rationing 5 pound bags of sugar. Shelves not full unless others are buying early.