Honored Contributor

Re: Not a fan of Chili's restaurant, but............

We have a local restaurant that makes the best garlic pizza I've ever tasted .  They are famous for it  ( in our area ).  They have included it in their bread basket for as long as I remember, and trust me there is nothing like it. 😋😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

We have a local restaurant that makes the best garlic pizza I've ever tasted .  They are famous for it  ( in our area ).  They have included it in their bread basket for as long as I remember, and trust me there is nothing like it. 😋😋

That sounds just  like it would hit the spot.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal  I recently spotted a recipe for blooming onion on Meredith the Blue Jean Chef's website. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty easy. And yummy. Can also be made in air fryer if you have one.

Honored Contributor

One, from the past unfortunately, was a local restaurant that had my favorite meal.  I used to go there on my birthday for the Australian lobster tail and Alaskan King crab legs dinner.  There was something else on the plate but I don't even remember what.   All I needed was several lemon wedges and the clarified butter and just let me eat!  Smiley Happy

Another huge favorite of mine is California Pizza Kitchen.  We don't have one here, but I've been to several when I have been around Sacramento or the Monterey area.   I loved the Chinese chicken salad.  I would get a half-salad and then we would share a pizza and I can't even remember what it was except that it had chicken and it was not a bbq chicken pizza.  Then I would also have one or two bloody marys because theirs was so great.

I just Googled CPK menu and neither of the items I liked are on there.  Smiley Sad   Guess I'm not as sad that we don't have one here now.

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Culver's. When my dad moved in with me after my mom died, he would print out the monthly list of flavors and would tell me when he wanted to go there. I introduced him to ordering a kid's meal, which was a burger (or chicken temders or fish), fries, a drink, and a small ice cream for $5.99 minus a senior discount. As reluctant as he was to order a kid's meal, he sure enjoyed them when I ordered them for us!

Valued Contributor

Bandana's are noted for the ribs. It is not the ribs, baked beans, or fries that come with the meal that sends me swooning. It is the garlic bread. Just bread and butter and  ?? that is none like anywhere else.

Trusted Contributor

All this talk of good food makes me want the ribs from the Blue Adobe restaurant in Mesa Arizona.  So good. They smoke their own meats. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since pandemic we have ordered Culvers approximately every ten days (love!).  We are in a small town with not many dining choices but recently we got a Culvers (so good).

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Since pandemic we have ordered Culvers approximately every ten days (love!).  We are in a small town with not many dining choices but recently we got a Culvers (so good).

They started here in Wisconsin.

I love their onion rings and fried cheese curds.

Their pot roast sandwich is a favorite of mine, along with the mushroom and Swiss cheese burger that someone already mentioned.

I don't think that there is anything on the menu that I have tried, that I haven't liked.

If you like soup and chili, theirs are both good, too.

Their ice cream pints are reasonable if you want to take some home to have on hand in your freezer. Sometimes they'll have a deal on them.

Respected Contributor

I rarely order food delivery but once in awhile. Can't afford it frankly so when I do it's a treat for me.

I ordered bbq this year had it delivered and no bbq sauce on the meat or in the bag. It was bad.

The second time I ordered Chinese food and the sweet and sour chicken was cooked too long and not hot.

That's it for me! What a waste of money.